Track Four: Until I Met You

**Trigger Warning : Chapter contains mentions of attempted suicide**

Five years ago

Nineteen year old Roseanne Park's world falls and crashes, slipping out of her own hands. Everything felt like it stopped then and there. But time doesn't make exceptions. It doesn't even pause for anyone. Even for broken hearts. Even when she's just finally felt like she held happiness a second ago only to be harshly taken away from her the next.

"I'm sorry, Rose," Suzy says, calling her by her nickname. Those were the last words Chaeyoung will ever hear from her. It will also be the last time she'd ever get to see her in person too. Divided by the swarm of cameras and the public, she's never felt so far from her reach before. As if five years worth of friendship never even mattered. Promises shattering as if they hadn't planned out the future with the two of them standing side by side together. Those hours spent dreaming of dreams as big as the world forgotten just like that with only Chaeyoung left clinging to the memories.

That day Bae Su-ji debuts as an actress with the nickname Suzy. The very nickname Chaeyoung has given her. Chaeyoung, whom her management so easily replaced with a different stylist, finds doors suddenly shut in front of her face, the dream turning into a nightmare. Why would they care with an amateur when they could hire a professional, the country's finest even, to take care of the next big star? Why would they care even if it was her work that Suzy displayed off with her past projects and even as she passed auditions for the upcoming much anticipated movie? Even when it had been Chaeyoung's hands that Suzy relied on to even as she started as a model.

None of that mattered. In the face of fame, Chaeyoung was pushed out. Her love denied and if that wasn't even enough, their friendship extinguished as if it never even began. As if they hadn't poured sweat and blood together during dance competitions back in high school.

Now she's nothing but a hindrance, a dark cloud to a sun shining brightly.

Regrets. It's all she had. Had she kept her mouth shut, her heart closed and her lips to herself, maybe none of this would have happened.

"I'm going to kill her!" Ashley angrily says, voice rising as Chaeyoung tries to stop her from going to Suzy's management company.

"Stop, please," Chaeyoung begs, tears falling one by one as she desperately holds on to a furious Ashley.

But if that wasn't enough to drive her over the edge. Suzy gets involved in a love rumor with an actor, the same one she's about to star with. It's promotions, Chaeyoung knows it. That's how the industry works. How it builds up a hot topic for people to feast on. To get everyone talking and anticipating the movie. But it still hurts seeing them on every social media platform together looking so good together, while doing things that has fans screaming and fawning over them.

They used to have that. She used to look at Chaeyoung like that. They used to do things that would make her heart swoon. It used to be the two of them in their own world. Turns out, it had been what it was, an illusion. An illusion Chaeyoung foolishly believed to be real.

Forever turned into never.

She feels betrayed. Used. But Chaeyoung can never hate her. Hate is impossible when there is love.

And maybe Chaeyoung could only take so much. Her parents are worried. It wasn't only her that Suzy had abandoned, Chaeyoung's parents loved her like a daughter too. She's aware of it all and the embarrassment she feels is incomparable. She couldn't even face them. She'd been so sure of the choices she made, the choices she fought for, that she'd never expected this. Now she's left with nothing and no certain direction in life. This failure she created on her own haunts her and now it's hard to look at her parents in the eye. It had even come to a point where she feels like her existence doesn't matter.