Track Three: Crush

"I mean, I guess I'll be trading sleep in order to clean the whole place tonight," Chaeyoung mumbles in front of her Ipad, eyes roving all over her apartment as she folds her newly washed clothes.

"Oh definitely, we wouldn't want your superstar girlfriend breaking up with you the moment she enters your apartment because of your messy ass." Ashley, one of Chaeyoung's closest friends says, leaning her face close to the screen, wiggling her eyebrows.

The implication makes Chaeyoung's eyes widen.

"What?!" She asks, making her dog stuffed toy, Hank, fall off the sofa where she is sitting.

"Jennie Kim," Ashley simply says, looking smug. "Your girlfriend. She's literally all you ever talk about."

Letting out a deep breath, Chaeyoung shakes her head, scooping up 'Hank' from the floor as she continues folding a mountain of clothes that have long been piled up in her closet for weeks now.

In her defense though, they are all shirts, shorts and pajamas she wouldn't wear outside. What's the use of stacking them up nicely when she's just going to use them again anyway?

"She's not my girlfriend," Chaeyoung dismisses, narrowing her eyes over to her smirking friend. "And I talk about her all the time because I work with her and for her company. Besides, it's not like I can talk about this with just anyone. I'd be sued if I did."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you basically spend every single day of your life for the past two years tracing colors on her face," Ashley drawls, looking at her in a way that tells Chaeyoung that she's no fun.

"Well, thank you for summarizing my job description so colorfully." Chaeyoung says before pausing, a sigh escaping her lips.

"And alright, maybe I do need to stop talking about her and start talking about far more important matters like. . .dinner or or my cat nephew Albert--How's Indonesia?"

"Or maybe we can just finally address how whipped you are for Jennie and why in god's name haven't you made any moves yet to date this girl."

Chaeyoung groans, throwing the shirt in her hands to the side and leaning back on her sofa with a huff.

"How many times do I have to tell you--"

"That South Korea, in general, isn't that hospitable to the rainbow community and that the infamous Jennie Kim is straight because she's dated that Jang Un guy before."

"Jong In," Chaeyoung corrects.

"Whatever--so like bisexuals don't exist there either? What, are we a joke now? I swear, you leave Australia and become biphobic! And what about that gay club you went to?"

"I'm not! You know it's not like that! That gay club was like some hush hush thing which I only found out because of the former stylist I worked with. Plus, that was years ago!" She clarifies, hands flailing before adding,

"And even if, if, Jennie likes girls, I'm not her type nor am I even on her list."

"And how can you be so sure of that? Or--" Ashley gasps, "have you finally told her that you're into girls?!"

Chaeyoung shushes her, putting her hands up and down her squealing friend, gesturing her to quiet down.

"No, of course not!" Chaeyoung quickly denies. Right now, she'd rather be caught dead than confess her sexuality to them. Well, with the exception of Lisa, of course. Although, Lalisa Manoban, who grew up in a country much more open to such matters than South Korea, figured that one out on her own. The woman has a gift for reading people. She knows too much that everyone in the business knows never to be enemies with her. Nevertheless, Lisa, ironically, happens to be a very good friend whom you can entrust secrets to.