Track Twenty One: Spell

Being in a relationship with Kim Jennie is not a walk in the park.

Not because she's a horrible person to be with or that she doesn't treat her right, it's actually the opposite of that and it's nothing but heavenly with her, but because Chaeyoung knows that she has to share her with the world. Jennie, no matter how Chaeyoung doesn't see her as this untouchable superstar now, outside the confines of their secret little paradise is still a global superstar adored by millions.

She already knows how things like this go. Has seen idols passing secret messages to their lovers during set changes and rehearsals. Has quickly noticed who is dating who by simply the looks they give to each other. Has even chaperoned for some during dates. She knows how it works and how careful idols have to be when being in a relationship. After all they are supposed to seem available all the time, whatever satisfies the fans. Chaeyoung is all very much aware of it. It's basic idol life 101.

So she shouldn't be surprised now that she's happily involved with one.

Doesn't make it any easier though.

Being in a relationship with Jennie is like heaven and hell. Not because her pretty pair has a problematic personality in real life but because Chaeyoung is aware that there are eyes everywhere once they step out of their bubble and it gets frustrating when all she wants to do right now is pull her in her arms. Which isn't so bad when she thinks of getting to do just that at the end of the day, behind close doors and back into their own world. Where Jennie is the sweetest, not holding back with how much she craves Chaeyoung's warmth and making sure that Chaeyoung understands that she'll always be hers despite of what she shows to the world.

It's hard. Most especially when Wednesday's photoshoot requires Jennie wearing a sports bra and loose tattered faded jeans, looking really seductive with that smoldering look and those enticing poses.

It's hard—has she pointed that out already? Because it is. Chaeyoung has had to look away two minutes in to the shoot because she's had the pleasure of seeing Jennie give that similar look, in bed, with her. She's also had to mentally pat herself at the back for having the sense to actually remember about this damn photoshoot and restrain herself from peppering little love marks on smooth flawless skin—at least not in visible areas. The opposite of her own skin where Jennie had made sure that whenever Chaeyoung showers, or changes clothes, she would instantly find traces of their time together. That Chaeyoung would never forget that she's definitely off the market, as of last Monday evening. She blushes at the thought.

Damn it, Nini!

She belongs to someone now.

As if this morning's preparations weren't already making her impatient to finally have her Jennie to herself—yes, her Jennie—Chaeyoung has had to style Jennie in that look, the just got out of bed after a fun night seductive look, act like it doesn't affect her one bit, and try not to look into Jennie's eyes for too long, lest she comes across that playful gaze and loses composure.

She gets a hard nudge on the arm by Jisoo and Chaeyoung snaps out of her reverie.

"Re-touch," Jisoo tells her, eyeing her warningly as if telling her to focus.

Chaeyoung looks up to see that the shoot has paused. The photographer switches lenses and has the lighting changed which also means giving Jennie a re-touch on her make-up.

Jennie who is now sitting up in bed as Lisa fixes something on her jeans. Adding more rips strategically across it probably and Chaeyoung is thankful that she's not the one assigned for it—she won't be able to handle having to fashionably tear off any of Jennie's clothes without getting completely flustered.