Track Sixteen: Hello?

"She's alive! Finally, it's been centuries! I thought I had to send someone to save you!" Ashley  greets first thing as soon their call connects.

"Comeback season, you know how it is," Chaeyoung defends as she places her phone on the table, against the mirror before leaning back on her seat.

"Where are you? Are you at a salon right now? It's the first time you called me this early," Ashley asks as she grabs her mug, drinking what is probably coffee as she looks at Chaeyoung, hair damp with lightener in between numerous sheets of foil.

"Is that my girl Ashley?!" Lisa cuts in, coming up from behind Chaeyoung, a huge smile on her face as she waves at the screen excitedly.

"Lalisa!!" Ashley squeals back. Several more excited unintelligible noises follow and Chaeyoung only sighs because this is just how they are on the regular.

"We're at the salon right now because Chaeyoung is getting a new hair color. She'll be going to a Chanel event tomorrow," Lisa reports as she munches on a snack.

"Chanel? Wow, would you look at that. Roseanne Park casually being invited to a Chanel event! I am expecting a Chanel gift on my birthday then," Ashley points out with a grin.

"Not going there to buy luxury items. I'm going because I have to. It's work," Chaeyoung replies.

"Oh c'mon, stop being humble. I know you can shop in a Chanel store now."

"True, Chaeyoung is richer than me now, Ash," Lisa comments and Chaeyoung pushes her away. She comes right back anyway.

"I'm not! And why do you have to be here on a free day? Don't you have things to do?" she grumbles at Lisa.

"To annoy you, what else? That's the thing I have to do today," her friend retorts and Ashley laughs, almost choking on her coffee.

"But anyway, Ash, besides catching up," Lisa begins, eyeing Chaeyoung, "we're here to actually ask your opinion on things."

"Ooh, what is it? No wait, let me guess, relationship advice?" Ashley lets out just as Lisa smirks, nodding as she points at her and Chaeyoung feels like she's about to regret this decision.

"See, amongst the three of us, you're the first one to leave the broken-hearted club so you'll probably be able to give some advice. You'll love this, I swear," Lisa explains and Chaeyoung groans at the back.

Maybe this really was a bad decision.

"Go ahead, tell her," Lisa nudges her and Chaeyoung sighs for the millionth time.

"Uh. . ." she starts, trying to find the right words, "so. . .uhh. . ."

"Do you want me to say it for you?" Lisa mutters impatiently at the side and Chaeyoung shushes her.

"How do you uhm," she tries again before lowering her voice lest someone might be eavesdropping, "See, there's this girl—"

"Of course there is," Ashley says.

"Yeah, and I. . . it's been a while since I tried to—"

"Suzy," Ashley again adds for her and Chaeyoung slowly nods.

"It's not that hard for you to find someone to flirt and play with though," Lisa dead-pans and Ashley snickers.

"This is not that, okay? And those were few and mutually agreed upon. Plus, I had alcohol in my system most of the time. This is different. Let me finish!" Chaeyoung breathes out as Lisa goes back to eating.

"Just say it, Roseanne! The suspense is killing me," Ashley snaps and Chaeyoung finally takes her phone, moving it closer and finally whispering out the question.