Track Seventeen: Do You Go Up

If mornings started warmly wrapped in the arms of someone you adore so much then perhaps Chaeyoung's life would be far more happier. 

She's also likely to be late often.

Jennie doesn't move much in her sleep, that's what she finds out. She doesn't snore either. It's just, the only issue about Jennie's sleeping habits is that, she's extra clingy even when unconscious because she's certainly turned Chaeyoung into her pillow.

There's a weight on her chest when Chaeyoung wakes up and it's the first thing she feels along with the fact that someone else is in bed with her. She almost freaks out until she remembers that Jennie unintentionally stayed the night. And now half the idol's body is literally on top of her.

Right, very clingy indeed.

She breathes in the scent of Jennie's conditioner. The idol's hair is spilled all over Chaeyoung's neck and pillow. She's clutching Chaeyoung's shirt as well and it's surely heart melting if Chaeyoung wasn't concentrating on keeping her heart calm. 

Because this is too far too much intimacy and it's making her go crazy.

Jennie is sleeping next to her and that sentence alone doesn't sound real. This must be a dream. Only it isn't because, Jennie's head is on her chest, clutching her shirt and legs tangled with hers.

Chaeyoung would like to stay in this seriously cozy position, holding Jennie in her arms and sinking in her warmth but it's a Saturday. Which means today's the Chanel event and the idol needs to get ready soon. Being Chanel's global ambassador it's very important that she makes an appearance. Surely, hers would be the most anticipated one. Then there's the event after party which Chaeyoung is somewhat dreading.

She's been to one so far and honestly, it's just the rich and famous mingling with each other, making connections and strengthening partnerships. For someone who is just there to work, it's pretty boring overall, if you don't count the delicious food and drinks.

Nevertheless, she's still in a dilemma and time keeps ticking.

"Nini," she softly says, putting a tender hand over Jennie's head, fingers combing slowly through dark long locks.

"Nini, it's time to get up. We still have to get ready for tonight," Chaeyoung says, her other hand coming up to Jennie's arm and rubbing it slowly.

"Nini, wake up," she tries again only to hear a small whine of complaint.

"I'll go order us breakfast. I need to get up. Nini?"

"No," comes the sleepy reply.

"It's almost nine in the morning. We have to get ready," Chaeyoung explains, yet unable to help the smile spreading on her face.

A sleepy Jennie is precious. How exactly does Jisoo wake her up every morning? Chaeyoung would've given in easily and let her sleep some more.

"Five minutes," Jennie sleepily mumbles again, tugging at Chaeyoung's shirt.

Chaeyoung sighs, "Uhm. . .okay. Five minutes," she relents before adding,

"I'll get breakfast so uhh. . .can you roll over a little to the side so I can get up?"

It takes about five seconds until Chaeyoung finally gets a response from the idol who groggily looks around, dazed and disoriented, squinting as she finally lays eyes on Chaeyoung.

How in the world can she not fall for this adorable human being?

She hears Jennie let out a groan, then a whine, followed by unintelligible noises, there's probably a curse word in it with the way she quickly rolls off Chaeyoung and is now. . .hiding underneath the blankets at the opposite end of her bed, as far away from Chaeyoung as possible.