Track Seven: Love Us Again

Chaeyoung is supposed to be worried about paparazzi. She's supposed to think ways of being discreet and stealthy. She's supposed to make sure that no unofficially released tabloid press won't ever touch Jennie. To keep things low key and even, hidden. Not giggle like she's on a five day dream vacation as she carries an equally giggly Jennie on her back when they arrive at Jennie's posh apartment building. The smile hasn't left her face since they rode all the way from the park with a bike and now her jaw is starting to hurt.

Chaeyoung doesn't know why she forgot all about that or who she's with. She doesn't know when she started letting herself want for things she's not even supposed to have. She must've hit her head somewhere.

Jennie wanted to walk, or limp rather, all the way inside but Chaeyoung refuses to let her. As much as possible, she doesn't want to add any more pain to Jennie's, possibly, sprained ankle. Thus, she crouches down in front of the mildly embarrassed idol, offering to carry her on her back.

"Chaeyoung, I'll be fine. Really!"

"Unnie, do you want to get there fast or not?"

"But I—"

"Trust me."

"After you almost crashed our bike unto a tree?"

"Wow, Kim Jennie you're breaking my heart—But, but did we though? Did we crash though?"

A soft and hesitant ". . .no," follows.

There must've been photos, Chaeyoung is sure of that. Photographers, ones that are up to no good, stalk around the celebrity neighborhoods to catch money worthy photos. She wonders what theirs would look like. Maybe some of which would show her almost tripping at the steps, earning another couple of slaps on her shoulder by a squealing Jennie who is clinging to her for dear life. And probably, another number of photos that she wishes to save yet again. Photos of them smiling, laughing and making a bit of a ruckus as they enter the building.

Jennie despite having gone out on a run prior to the incident still smells as sweet as flowers and Chaeyoung doesn't mind carrying her up the stairs if only to hold her close a little longer. She knows doing so is questionable and so she heads over to the elevator. 

Jennie presses the button and they both smile awkwardly as they are greeted by random people who also live in the building. They must look silly. Silly and cute.

It takes one elevator ride, Jennie jokingly explaining to some of her neighbors that she must be carried because she's Chanel's global ambassador, and a few stops along the way because she keeps playfully covering Chaeyoung's eyes.

When they finally reach Jennie's apartment, Chaeyoung finally realizes how tired she is, the exhaustion finally catching up now that the adrenaline starts to dissipate from her system. From her morning exercise trying to find that damn flower shop with Lisa, to rushing all the way to the park, biking and now carrying Jennie on her back all the way up to the 25th floor. She gently puts down Jennie on the long L-shaped sofa before collapsing next to her, too tired to care even as Jennie's head slides down her shoulder. She leans her head on top of Jennie's, just feeling grateful that they made it back safely. That nothing seriously happened to the idol. She'll surely treasure the memory and lose sleep thinking about it later, but right now she just wants to relax and sink in the feeling of Jennie being right by her side like this.

"Rosie," Jennie tiredly mumbles.

"Hm?"

"I'm hungry."