Track Fourteen: FTC

Time stops in moments that are either too beautiful or too painful. Once one gets so wrapped up in happiness or sadness, that's when they feel the clock of life seem to stop. The world feels like it's standing still, the noise fading in the distance as your chest bursts with that overwhelming feeling and your mind too consumed by the thought to think of anything else.

Chaeyoung's world stops because of one of those reasons. Wrapped tightly in an embrace, the tears falling down her cheeks spilling without end. Her vision blurry but not the memories that splatter all over her mind. It rushes all at the same time that no matter what she does it keeps pouring in. Years of trying to shove it into a corner now taking it's toll.

"You're just in time," Suzy tells her, cupping her face as she wipes away her tears. Her hands slide down to straighten her blazer.

Chaeyoung can still smell the scent of Jennie's perfume in it.

"Are you not bringing anything?"

Her words bring about a new batch of fresh tears streaming down Chaeyoung's cheeks. 

Because goodbyes are never easy. Not when they also serve as the closure that would finally soothe her wounded heart.

It takes only one look and Suzy gets it. Five years apart yet they still know each other too well.

Holding Chaeyoung's hands tightly, she slowly nods in understanding, her own eyes starting to become glassy as she looks down, lips quivering.

But it's not when Chaeyoung's head rests against hers as Chaeyoung says the words that she now feels ready to speak that Suzy finally breaks.

"I forgive you."

It was almost like a whisper but it means the world as Suzy lets out a sob. Because Chaeyoung knows, it's not only her that needed this.

She pulls Suzy into another tight hug and for once lets her heart cry as much as it wants. The weight in her chest easing up little by little.

When they part, it feels like they are back in Australia as they both let out a laugh, realizing how ridiculous they both look, trying to wipe tears and sniffing like that time they lost a dance battle.

"You deserve to be crazy happy," Suzy tells her genuinely as she sniffs. 

"You deserve someone who'd never run at the first sign of danger, someone who is sure and will fight for you. Someone who would never let you down," Suzy continues, a sad smile on her face.

"But I guess you already found her."

Chaeyoung frowns at that.

"Well, point me to her direction then," she jokingly says as she brushes the tears off her cheeks.

"You know who I'm talking about, Rose."

Chaeyoung starts to shake her head and Suzy squeezes her hand, making her stop.

"I know I did a lot of damage but Roseanne, don't let what I did to you take away that courage only a few dare to have," Suzy quickly tells her.

"You know what I envy about you? You love so boldly. You go full blast, the moment the lights go green and drive to the destination without taking shortcuts.

"The world needs more people like you. Those who still holds steadfast to love. Stop denying yourself the things you deserve, Rose."

"But you know it's not as easy as it used to be," Chaeyoung breathes out, "I could crash and burn. I would crash, hard, that in the end, nothing will be left of me."

"But you're still here. You keep standing back up, picking the pieces and turning it into something even better and I think that's beautiful. Had you not done that, we may not be having this conversation. You might not have met the people you've met, done the amazing things you did, experience all those things and find someone who'd make you smile again. . ."