Track Nineteen: like you do

'If I were to give you my heart, rather than take it, I'd ask instead, will you keep it?'

Chaeyoung had not expected to receive a bouquet today. She hasn't thought about this mystery admirer for days and had almost forgotten she even had one. Too wrapped up staring at Jennie and enamored by the warmth of her company. Because that smile really is pretty and Chaeyoung only wants to spend moments with her.

So receiving flowers early Monday morning brings her back to this secret admirer dilemma.  

I guess it's time. I know you must be confused, wondering who I am and why. Please know, I never meant to make you feel uncomfortable. Like I said, I was simply a coward. But this has gone on for too long and the more I hesitate, the more I'd scare you away. That's the last thing I want you to feel.

The Flower Lights Art Exhibit. Hongdae. Meet me there at 9pm tonight. Please give me a chance to explain. To tell you the things I had until now only told you through these flowers.

And if you want me to stop this then I will but please give me one last chance to be brave.

I'll wait. And if, for some reason, you can't make it then I'll be there the next night. Same time.

The familiar red heart is signed at the bottom and two entrance tickets attached. Chaeyoung re-reads the letter several times just to be certain that she understood it correctly.

Lisa thinks that she needs to accompany her in case it turns out to be some creepy stalker or pervert. Chaeyoung agrees and her best friend plans to hang out at a restaurant near the gallery just in case Chaeyoung sends out a message calling for help—in burying a body and escaping the country.

Having Lisa just a minute away also helps her stop worrying too much.

What's not good is that whatever plans she had with Jennie for tonight will have to be postponed. She wanted to see the puppies again at the dog café tonight but this is something she has to do first. Her secret admirer was right. This has gone for too long and she feels bad for giving false hopes to this person.

But of course, before this meeting takes place, there's tons of work to be done. Jennie has another scheduled music show performance and Chaeyoung already notices the anxiety the idol is sporting. After all that had happened, Chaeyoung doesn't blame her for feeling nervous.

The idol has been deep in thought in between preparations and Chaeyoung is so tempted to ask her where she's flying off to just like she does whenever it's Chaeyoung lost in her own thoughts.

"I'm getting jealous."

"Huh?" Jennie blinks as she looks at Chaeyoung, holding a brush as she applies some blush at the idol's cheek.

She straightens up to check her work.

"I said I'm getting jealous of whatever or whoever it is you are thinking this hard about," she jokingly teases, a small smile in her lips.

"Believe me, you don't have to," Jennie softly mumbles. Chaeyoung almost doesn't catch it.

"If no one cheers for you, we'll do it ourselves," Chaeyoung tells her, hoping to get Jennie to ease up even for just a bit, "I memorized everything."

That finally gets Jennie to smile, looking up at her.

"Chaengie," she begins.

"What is it?" Chaeyoung asks, ready to do whatever Jennie asks of her.

"No matter what, you'll be there, right?"

"Of course, I'll even put up a banner for you," she assures her and Jennie shakes her head, breathing out a laugh.