1

sabrina's pov
i sigh seeing my mother calling and ignore it. i study and do so hard. the door behind me opens "can i help you Fee?" i call knowing it's felix. he chuckles "how'd you know it was me?" i chuckle turning to the tragically gorgeous man "who else would it be?" i ask. and he says "farleigh" i scoff "you mean your cousin who hates me? the hell would he be doing in my dorm Fee?" he kisses my temple "he doesn't hate you"

i say "he does. he's mad i've stuck around" "you're here and in my life because i want and need you here Sab, i don't care what he thinks" he tells me gently. i was one of the broken people he picked up to fix but he's yet to put down. i'm a scholarship kid. and god forbid someone doesn't have something handed to them. part of farleighs issue with me. i nod and smile "i know" nervous for the day he'll grow tired and toss me aside. he's all i have, him and his family minus Farleigh.

he asks "what are you doing Sab?" "studying for these exams that are coming up" i tell him. he says "you don't need that. you're a genius and already know everything" if i score badly i wont have someone to buy me out of that. i'll have to go home if i fail out. i say "i need perfect scores so i can graduate and not fail out" he tells me "look at me sab?" my blue eyes meet his brown "you're running yourself ragged yeah? you need a break"

i shake my head "i don't. i need to focus Fee. really" continuing "love it's only one day. come out for drinks with us yeah?" he asks. i look at the time and curse standing and i say "im gonna be late for work" he tells me "no need you know i'll always take care of you right?" gently. i don't want to rely on him so much and him grow tired of me and toss me away.

i tell him "i have to go" grabbing clothes and changing in my bathroom. he says "you work at the pub so we'll be there anyway let's go" i nod and we head out.

felix's pov
im enamored by her. but she's too good for me. it's why i've kept her around. every girl i fuck i'm thinking of her. what her moans would sound like. what she would feel like. what she would taste like. she's my every thought. i keep her close because it's the only way i can have her. she's the most beautiful girl i've ever seen. she's a bit shy. but doesn't let people walk all over her despite her shy nature. i don't care she's here because of a scholarship. some people have to work for their things. i think it's impressive. oxford barely gives full rides. usually partial ones. but Sab got a full ride. she's been around for 2 almost 3 years now. she's been staying at saltburn during breaks with me. my mother, father, and sister adore her. even duncan likes her. she doesn't talk of her family. she's just said she can't go home and doesn't want to.

i lead her to the pub and watch as she slides behind the bar and i sit with the group and Farleigh says "can't believe you've had the likes of her sticking around so long felix" eyeing her as she pours drinks. "she's different" i tell him for the millionth time. annabelle says "she's pathetic. working a bar of all things." i glare her way "some people actually have to lift a finger and work. it's not pathetic." she cowers and venetia says "she's pretty" eying her. i nod with a smile "she is" farleigh huffs "she's not like us felix. she hardly fits in"

"she fits in fine farleigh. you're the only one with an issue with her and she's been nothing but kind." i snap. he tells me "she had to borrow clothes to eat dinner with us" "not everyone dresses up to eat dinner farleigh. if it weren't for my family you wouldn't even be here." i snap in her defense. i've bought her dresses so she has them. i glare seeing a man our age talking to her but he grabs her harshly. i walk over and venetia warns "felix" i walk over "everything okay over here Sab?" she gives me a fake smile "it's fine" i eye the guy "mind letting go of her mate" glaring at his hand that's right around her wrist. "who are you?" he asks.

i scoff "someone that doesn't like you touching his girl the way you are" fuck i called her mine. fuck fuck fuck. he scoffs "trust me man she ain't worth it. slut" i step to him and she stops me "just go" to the guy and he walks off. "are you alright?" i ask grabbing her hand inspecting her wrist. it's bruising. i kiss it softly "im okay felix. really. he just had too much to drink" i eye the blonde worried about her "that doesn't make it right darling. who was that guy?" "just someone from one of my classes" she tells me returning behind the bar "does it hurt?" i ask. she shrugs "not much" and adds "want a drink" i nod and she pours me one and i pay her she chuckles "it's too much" going to the register. i say "think of it as a tip" "you don't need to tip me Fee" she tells me. "you need the money more than i do pretty girl" i shrug.

"and i appreciate the sentiment but you do enough for me i can't take your money too" she tells me i say "just take the money" and she does and sighs "what else would you like?" "it's a tip not for you to try and make me buy enough to even it out" i tell her with a chuckle. "its too much fee" she tells me. i grab her hand "i'd argue that it's not enough" she says "you should return to the group. they're who invited you here" "and what? leave you to be hurt by another drunk asshole? they'll get over it" i tell her. she chuckles "you sure?" "positive" i tell her and i keep her company throughout her shift.