14

sabrina's pov
i wake to a beeping. i jump up and see he's flatlining. no! i shake him "felix!" i start cpr not bothering to wait for doctors. i wont lose him. i cant. i breathe into him and pump his chest. i sniffle "cmon!" the door opens "maam we got this we're going to have to ask you to go now. we got him" a voice says and i shake my head "i can't leave him" sniffling as im pulled off and someone takes my spot. another doctor says "we have him. we're going to need you to wait outside okay?" i ask "you said he'd be okay. why is he dying? you said he was okay" he takes me outside and says "we don't have answers for you right now maam. things like this are touch and go. he's lucky to have lived at all. you might've saved his life again acting immediately." "he's going to be okay?" i ask sniffling. he says "they're doing all they can. i'll go join them you wait here" leaving me. i feel sick. i rush to the garbage and throw up. a hand pulls back my hair and Elspeth says "we're here Sabrina. why are you out here and not with Felix?"

i wipe my mouth and farleigh gives me water and a mint. i say "he was fine. i woke up to him flatlining and they're working on him now." sitting and curling into myself. venetia asks "why was oliver hauled away?" i reply "he's been trying to tear us apart and even succeeded for a bit. we were in the maze, felix and i...and he was watching us. felix wanted him gone after the party for him assaulting me and lying. oliver's parents aren't addicts and his father is alive and well. felix wanted nothing to do with him and i can tell he wasn't happy we got engaged and im carrying his baby. the two of them argued a bit and oliver threw up and then gave a bottle to felix. that's when felix got sick...right after he drank it. i knew what was happening because my mother did the same thing to herself all the time. i made him throw up. and then we came here. oliver laced the bottle with something. if i didn't make him puke he would've died and now...he's dying again... he was awake and talking but then he talked me into sleeping and i let him...he died and" i cry. watching more doctors go in to felix. Elspeth hugs me and says "felix is a fighter. he won't just leave you and that baby you're carrying...he's gonna be here and be a dad yeah? i know you're upset. we all are too. but you have to calm down. too much strain isn't good for the baby. if you keep goin at this rate you'll end up losing it. breathe sabrina" it takes a bit but i do calm down a bit. just sniffles coming out a bit.

the doctor comes out and i stand "is he" he cuts me off "hes stable and asking for you sabrina was it?" i rush inside and to his side and he smiles tiredly "hey baby" i cry happily and kiss him softly. he hums into the kiss "not that i mind what's this for? woke up and a bunch of doctors were here...but no you. did you go get food?" i shake my head and sniffle "felix you died! you weren't sleeping you were dead! how are you feeling?" i ask stroking his face gently. his eyes soften "baby" i shake my head "don't worry about me felix im just happy you're okay" he kisses my hand softly "im sorry i gave you a fright sweetheart. but i do feel better. whatever they gave me is certainly helping" i kiss him softly "i love you felix so much" refusing to look away from him "i love you sab" the door behind me opens "felix thank god you're okay" his family says and he smiles "hey guys" farleigh says "we're told sabrina saved your life twice now" with a smile. felix grins at me "got me an angel on my side huh?" he asks "where's oliver?" i tell him "he's been arrested for what he's done. just waiting for your statement and mine as well. they'll be here tomorrow to ask questions i bet. but he's gone felix. don't worry about that now worry about healing" he nods "good riddance"

he and the family talk and we're brought food and me comfortable clothes telling them i'm not leaving him for as long as i'm in here. soon it's just us and he says "get some sleep love" i shake my head "never again" he sighs "love i'm okay now. got me stronger meds, and a diffusion too now. i'll be alright" i kiss him "when i slept you died felix. you were gone. and i helped where i could but i was told to just stand and wait. i couldn't take it. if i were awake id have been able to do something anything"

he replies "you did what you could. you can't always stop everything from happening to me Sab. remember baby, it's not just you that needs the rest now." his hand on my stomach as i cuddle into him. "what if i don't wake up if you flatline again? what if-" he cuts me off "darling im in the clear now. the new blood makes it so along with my new meds. baby i'll be okay" stroking my hair gently with a smile. "they said that last time and you died fee" i point out. he kisses me softly "for me? i'm sure the baby would like some rest too" "i just...don't want to sleep and it happen again Fee" i sigh. "would you feel better if mum came and watched me? i'm sure she's still strolling about the building" he asks. i nod "maybe. but you have to stay awake too" he chuckles "scouts honor baby" and elspeth comes in after being called and she smiles "get some sleep sabrina i'll keep an eye on him"