18

felix's pov
we walk into saltburn and i kiss her hand and we walk into the dining room greeting everyone. my mother says "it was rude to leave yesterday. everyone came for you felix. we had a cake and everything" i go to apologize and sabrina cuts me off "he's not apologizing." shit. i smile at her and say "love" "no. you had just been poisoned at the last party. he would've died if i had not known what to do. he died and came back. why did any of you think a party would be what he'd want to come home to after the trauma he had just gone through. you didn't even ask what he'd want. the party wasn't about felix. it wasn't for him either. not really. it was for your image but don't shame him for wanting to leave when just being here was making him have a panic attack because of the shit he'd gone through" she says.

venetia says "i told you a party wasn't what he needed" annoyed. i say "oliver called us this morning with more threats" my father asks "he's in jail how could he have called you son?" i say "his mother paid his bail. but there was an agreement that he's not to contact either of us. but he did so he's back where he belongs. it's been suggested we get a restraining order in place and security as well"

the phone rings and my mother gets it "okay. how is that possible? yeah i'll tell them" hanging up. she tells us with a scared look on her face "they went to pick up felix for what he had done...and they can't find him. he's just gone." fuck! my father says "you two are staying here. we will hire a security team and every window and door and hallway, inside and outside of here will be covered and protected. look at me you two" we do and he says "you three will be protected. safe. he will not get either one of you. you two don't go anywhere without security alright?" i nod and i ask her gently "why aren't you eating?" noting her foods untouched. she sighs "lost my appetite" fuck. i nod and kiss her head and say "just take a few bites darlin you need it for you and the nugget" she gets up and i follow her to a bathroom just to see her puking. i kneel behind her and hold her hair back for her and caress her back. i kiss her shoulder and say "i got you love. let it out" it's the first time i've seen her get sick in the morning.

my mother says "i got her go eat felix" i turn to see her and Venetia. i shake my head "im not leaving her while she's sick mum." as she starts to puke once more after taking a few breaths. her hand grasping mine now. i tell her "im here love im not goin anywhere just let it out" kissing her temple. my mother says "im sure she'd like space to get cleaned up a bit and finish up here" my girl squeezes my hand tugging me closer still chucking up. "she doesn't want me to leave mum and even if she did id still not leave her like this. i got it. thank you two for your offer of help but i have it handled" they nod and venetia says "if you two need anything just let me know...id love to be involved with my niece or nephew." my mother says "id like the same. it's the first Catton grandchild after all." with a smile leaving us to privacy.