prologue

ʰᵒʷ ᶜᵃʸᵒᵘ ⁱˢˢ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒ ʸᵒᵘ'ᵛᵉᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵐᵉᵗ?
   'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵉᵉᵈ ʸᵒᵘᵒʷ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵈᵒⁿ' ᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘ ʸᵉᵗ
ᵇᵘᵗ ᶜᵃʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵉ ˢᵒᵒᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ' ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃᵈ?

αℓєχαη∂єя 23

─── ───
odette's pov

    my father wasn't always bad, i mean what bad guy takes their daughter out for ice cream? but after i was born my mother left my father. he was upset that she left of course, leaving him to raise me alone but he did well.

    but when i turned 16 that's when he really got upset because i started to look like my mom. he got upset every time he looked at me so he decided to drown his sorrows in alcohol, but it didn't make him feel any better so he got angry. like scream at your only daughter blaming her for your mothers absence angry. i was so confused because i didn't even know her name or had ever talked to her, so how could it be my fault? next thing you know he's beating me with his belt telling me my moms the goddess of spring, persephone, and she's never coming back because of me. i thought he was going insane as he beat my back with his belt as i bawled and begged him to stop.

    i yelled at him that gods and goddesses aren't even an actual thing.  then my father started screaming about how i am going to a camp because he doesn't want look at me anymore. he finally stopped after about a hour and i limped to my room my face puffy and red from all the crying . i cried in my bed for another hour not believing what my father had just done. but eventually i fell asleep and i dreamt of a blonde boy with ocean blue eyes. i would say he was quite breathtaking as he sat on top of the sand watching the waves crash with the moon glistening.

   "odie wake up and find me," the blonde headed boy said. i look at him confused and the waves got more violent as i just stare at him utterly confused. "uh what do you mean?" i ask.
  "i'll find you odette." he said as he took his hand and played with the ends of my blonde hair. i didn't have the chance to reply as my dream got interrupted.

    i woke up gasping as my father bursted through the door telling me to get packed. i dragged myself off the comfort of my bed and started packing sadly. i still couldn't fathom the fact that he was actually sending me away. once i finished packing we were immediately on the road and that's when i finally asked how long i have to stay at the camp. and he replied harshly with "you are going to camp and you are going to stay there. why on earth would i want to see you again you filthy little bitch."

   i ignored the fact he just called me a bitch and i just sat there in silence thinking about how my mother is supposedly the goddess of spring. i obviously knew of persephone because i learned some greek mythology in school but i never believed in it. i looked at my dad with tears threatening to spill out of my eyes and he looked at me for a split second before tightening his grip on the steering wheel and spitting out "don't give me that look you don't deserve my love after driving your mother away." i just sniffled and tried to ignore his comment as i looked out the window and watched the scenery pass.

    then we finally arrived and he rushed me out of the car and threw my bags at me and sped away. i let a few tears fall as i watched him leave, i suddenly got very dizzy and passed out hitting my head in the process. i thought surely i was going to bleed out and die but no instead a boy of the name "grover" brought me inside camp.

   i woke up on a bed with blurry vision and a massive headache. after getting my vision back i saw a girl and 2 guys that all looked to be around my age standing there staring and i spoke, "who the hell are you guys?"  little did i know that was just the start of a great friendship .

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕤

first actual chapter done! this is my first time writing a fanfic so i'm terribly sorry if it's bad. if there are spelling mistakes feel free to correct me. i'm not sure yet when odette is going to officially meet percy maybe in the next chapter or two? thank you so much for reading
i appreciate you<3.
love, aim

got any ideas for the story? ———->

໒꒰ྀི'• ˕ •' ꒱ྀིა