odette failed math

ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ ˢʰⁱⁿᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ, ᵐʸ ˡᵒᵛᵉ
ᵃᵐ ⁱ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵍⁱʳˡ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ
ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵒᶠ?

ℓαηα ∂єℓ яєу

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
odette's pov

-STRESSED grover was not a fun grover. "we can't ignore this," grover says as we all follow percy. "stop," percy attempts to shut him up. "it's just math. the four of us, plus your mom, is five people. we only have four pearls," grover stresses. he really needs that stress ball now... "someone is staying behind and it should really be me," grover continues. "it wasn't even your fault grover," i tell him as i pat his shoulder. "and even if it were your fault, you're not getting left behind. period. after we get the bolt and stop this war, you guys are leaving with my mom," percy tells us.

"what about you?" i ask percy but he brushes me off. "yeah. wait, wait, wait, percy. what about you?" grover asks him as well. "quests aren't linear right?" "i don't know. i failed math," i reply with a shrug. "ill figure something out-" percy cuts himself to say 'sorry' to a creepy person. "they can't hear you," annabeth tells him. grover and i both turn towards her, "they?" we all look around as annabeth speaks, "this must be asphodel. i read a book about this place." she then begin to walk up to one of them as grover protests, "wait. no, no, no, no, no, no, no. what are you..." annabeth then lifts up fabric and we see roots connected to the creepy person. this just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

    "are those roots?" grover asks. "souls here are bound by regret. haunted by choices they made in life, or never made," annabeth explains while turning to look at us. we then hear cerberus roar from behind us so percy grabs my hand and starts running. we run for a little before we stop as we all began panting. i look around before turning to percy and grover, "guys where is annie?" their eyes widen and i start shouting, "annabeth, annie!" luckily we hear her respond in the distance, "guys!"

    "annie?" i yell out again. "guys!" she yells.
"annabeth!" i exclaim as i run to her as percy and grover follow me. "we've got a problem here," she tells us as she looks down. i bent down and see a root wrapped around her ankle, "are you kidding me?" i begin to pull on the root to try to break it but fail and i look up to annabeth with sad eyes. "i already tried, it's too strong," she tells me. "how did this happen?" percy questions as he bends down too and tries helping me. "it's some kind of regret, right?" grover asks. "but what would you have to regret?" i ask her as i continue pulling on the root. "it's okay, go. i'll distract the dog and buy you guys some time," annabeth tells us. percy stands up and moves next to grover but i stay put and strain to break the root. "ettie!" annabeth yells making me stop and look up at her. "this will work. i'll be okay," she reassures me while showing me her pearl.

i stand up and wrap my arms around her neck in a hug. she wraps her arms around my back as she says, "i trust percy's dad. you guys can do this, i know you can." there's a big growling sound that makes me pull away from annabeth and she yells, "run, now!" i interlock my fingers with percy's as we start running away with grover. we stop and turn to see a bright light flash and i smile as grover says, "she made it, let's go!"

"weird.. haven't heard the dog in awhile," grover mutters as our scenery changes into a sandy desert. "he chased us all that way and then just stopped? i wonder why," percy says with confusion as i just mess with his fingers. "that's what i'm saying, it's weird," grover says while walking. percy stops which led me to stop and he looked ahead of him. "grover? grover, where are you going?" percy asks as grover's shoes started fluttering and dragging him away.