perfect percy

ˢʰᵉ ᵗᵒᵉˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱⁿᵉ ᵇᵉᵗʷᵉᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉᵐ
ʰᵉ ˢᵃʸˢ ʰᵉ'ˢ ⁿᵉʷ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰⁱˢ
ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ʰᵒˡʸ ᵍʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵇᵉⁿᵉᵃᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ
ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᵖᵃʳᵏˢ ᶠˡʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵏⁱˢˢ

gяα¢ιє αвяαмѕ

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
odette's pov

-EMPTY  is how my stomach felt as we walked into the diner, right as we walked inside the aroma of food hit me in the face. before any of us could say anything we heard a loud annoying laugh from a table, ares. percy looked at him, "well i guess this is the right place." annabeth and grover started walking towards his table so i linked arms with percy and we followed. "gimme a second, i'm just starting a fight on twitter here," ares says as we sat down. grover sat first, then percy, me, and then annabeth. "nothing makes me happier than a good old-fashioned, burn it down fight. oh ok. done," ares says before setting his phone on the table. he turned to percy and sighed, "so your quest... is going to fail, ask me how i know."

"it's not gonna fail," percy countered. "oh my gosh, are you a psychic?" i ask ares. "what? no," ares denied with a weird look. "exactly so therefore you don't know a hundred percent that the quest will fail," i tell him while leaning against percy. "well i'm sure it will fail," ares laughs. my gods his laugh is so horrible, i wonder if he's ever thought about changing it. "for starters.." ares trailed off as he showed us an interview off of his phone, it showed a filthy looking man. he looks greasy, gross. we all leaned closer to the phone to hear what he was talking about, "percy was always troubled, but i never thought he was capable of something like this." "who even is this guy?" i ask while glancing at percy. "my step dad.. what is he doing?" percy asks. "a kid that messed up? what wouldn't he do?" the greasy guy named gabe questions. my eyes narrowed at his words, percy isn't messed up he's perfect.

"wild, right?" ares asked with a smile before continuing, "the fbi is already spreading your picture around." "it's a camaro, i really- we really loved that car. so much.. cut," gabe whined. "i'm gonna kill him," percy says with a glare. "i knew i was going to like you. but safe to say the chances of all of you hitchhiking the rest of the way to la without getting caught are slim to none," ares tells us. "why are we sitting here then? if you're supposed to be looking for the master bolt too," annabeth questions ares skeptically. "hmm. there's really no fear in you, is there? doesn't matter, whether the bolt is retrieved or not, zeus is going to war with poseidon." "no, the oracle said if we return the bolt there wouldn't be a war," percy argues. "is that what she said, or is that what chiron said she meant? yeah you're new to the family, young one, so let me fill you in on how we work. see, years before i was born my grandpa, kronos, ate my aunts and uncles. yeah.. then my dad made him puke them back up, then chopped him into a million pieces and chucked him into a bottomless pit, so that kinda sets the tone right out of the gate. we fight, we betray, we backstab. we will push anyone down a flight of stairs to get ahead, and that's why i love my family so much! my dad knows he's not getting this bolt back with quests or wild goose chases. he knows there's a war coming, and in reality i think he's okay with that. i think he feels it's time for a war, so we're gonna have a war," ares explains, my eyes were wide as he said all of that. "isn't that great?" ares exclaims like he's excited.

"we're completing this quest, and we're stopping this war. you said you can help so how can you?" percy persisted. "okay so here it is. there's an amusement park up the road, i left my shield there. you get me my shield back, and i'll get you to the underworld by lunch tomorrow with a plan to invade hades place," ares suggested. "you left your shield? like forgot it on the merry-go-round?" annabeth asked with a smirk. "okay the chirping was funny to me for a minute, but it's getting old. so do we have a deal, or am i killing all four of you so i can eat in peace?" ares threatened with crazy eyes. "well that was intimidating," i quietly said to myself but then my wrist got grabbed by ares harshly. i gasped as i tried to tear my wrist out of his grip, "you think i'm kidding, you stupid girl?" percy smacked his hands on the table, startling everyone as he fumed, "get your hands off of her and don't touch her again, and then we'll go to the amusement park and get your stupid shield. just don't touch her." i stared at percy and saw his hands clench into fists of anger. ares released my wrist causing me to quickly pull it to my chest and annabeth softly grabbed it to examine it.