you promised me

ⁱ ʰᵃᵈ ᵃˡˡ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉⁿ ᵐᵒˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ
ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁿᵒʷ ⁿᵒⁿᵉ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ
ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ
ᵗʰᵉ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ ʷᵉ ᵐᵉᵗ

ℓσя∂ нυяση

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
odette's pov

-RUNNING is exhausting, and i hope i never have to do it again. we ran through out the train trying to get as far away as we could from wherever that creature is. we eventually came to a halt as annabeth grabbed a chain and wrapped it around the door handle, which locked the officers out. i was holding onto annabeth shoulder, trying to catch my breath, when grover opened his mouth,"percy!" i lifted my head instantly and saw grover pull a thin needle out of percy's shoulder. i immediately went over to him and examined the needle that grover held. "what is that?" percy asked glancing between me and grover. annabeth looked at it with shock before replying,"it's a stinger. grover, do you know what kind of monster has one of those?"

i looked up at percy with concern in my eyes as grover said,"i don't know, nothing good i think."
i took percy's face in my hands and his eyes widened at the action,"do you feel alright perce?" he held eye contact with me as he answered,"i think so.. why? do you guys think it's poisonous?"
before anyone could reply the officers banged on the doors while the train shook, i held onto percy for balance. after the train got still percy put an arm around my shoulder as we saw the monster coming closer. "we gotta move!" percy shouted and took my hand as we all began to run. gosh i hate running, but holding percy's hand made it a little bit better. once we finally got off the train and ran across the tracks percy asked,"why isn't it still chasing us?"

annabeth glanced at percy and i's intertwined hands before replying,"it's young and won't venture too far from it's mother, it's learning how to hunt." "and apparently were it's first prey, how lovely!" my voice trembled as my eyes gloss over. percy pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead,"hey we're gonna be okay, alright?" i just nodded into his chest and grover coughed before speaking,"we aren't going to be able to outrun them for very long." percy let go of me but still gripped my hand as we all began to follow annabeth through the streets. "we don't need to, we just need a safe space to hold up," annabeth says. "some safe space... any ideas where we might find one of those?" percy asks. annabeth nodded,"yeah i do. a sanctuary, dedicated to athena, built by one of her demigod children a long time ago."

grover's eyebrows raised in disbelief, "there's an athenian temple hidden somewhere in the middle of downtown st. louis?" "yes, except it's not all that hidden," annabeth states while looking up at the arch. percy squeezed my hand causing me to look up at him and release his hand. as i met his stare he gave me a reassuring smile, "are you okay odie?" he asks. i open my mouth and nod, "of course i am! but i should be asking you that, you are the one who got impaled." he just shrugged and we just continued following annabeth and grover. "it's 630 feet wide, 630 feet tall." annabeth spoke as i admired the scenery,"it's got no internal support, each side is balanced perfectly against the other. the arch is held up by symmetry, by math."

nobody's pov

-ANNABETH went on about how the temple is earthquake proof, and as she talked a boy pulled odette over to him and his friends. none of odette's friends noticed and they continued walking. "hello?" odette greeted the group of boys and they all just smirked. she looked up at the boy that pulled her as he introduced himself, "hey my name is wesley, and these two guys are matt and finny." odette looked at the blonde boy with hazel eyes before turning her head to the brunette with blue eyes, matt, and then looking at the other blonde but with brown eyes, finny. she smiled nervously at them, "uh my name is odette.. is there any reason you pulled me over? my friends are probably looking for me."