the betrayal

ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵃ ᵗʳᵃⁱᵗᵒʳ
ʸᵉᵃʰ, ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵃ ᵗʳᵃⁱᵗᵒʳ
ᵍᵒᵈ, ⁱ ʷⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵈ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ

σℓινια яσ∂яιgσ

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
odette's pov

-ARRIVING back at camp without percy felt wrong. but as we walked into camp i instantly got pulled into a hug by luke. "you're back... i'm so sorry for everything," he apologizes while holding me. "it's okay just please don't do anything like that again," i mutter while wrapping my arms around him too. "how was the quest?" he asks while releasing me and pulling annabeth into a hug. "we only almost died a couple of times," i shrug. "only a couple?" he laughs.

"have you said anything about clarisse?" grover and i both ask at the same time. "no i haven't," luke says. "why not?" i question. "percy's probably back by now," he says quickly changing the subject. my face lights up instantly and i quickly run and see a huge crowd of people cheering. annabeth takes my arm and leads me through the crowd. my eyes met percy's and he rushed over to us and pulled me into a hug. "your here," i whisper in disbelief. "i told you i'd see you soon," he replies and places a kiss on my forehead. i release him but he keeps his arm around my waist as annabeth begins talking to him.

"do you see her yet?" she questions. "clarisse," i clarify as i see percy's confused expression. he began to look around before meeting clarisse's gaze, "why is she-" "don't say anything. we will explain," annabeth hushes him. luke walked up to us and he eyed percy's arm before meeting his gaze, "come on, follow me." we got led to an empty cabin and percy began talking, "clarisse stole the bolt why is she-" "it's complicated," annabeth argues. "how is it complicated?" he asks. "everyone was ready to join the war here, to start fighting each other. an accusation against clarisse-" luke gets cut off. "without any proof?" i guess. luke nods at me, "without proof, it would have lit this whole place on fire. but now you're back."

"now, it's safe to tell chiron and finish cleaning up the mess. i told him we needed to meet him away from the celebration. so then we can talk to him without any of clarisse's supporters noticing," luke speaks. "i'll keep an eye on clarisse while you're gone. making sure she doesn't go anywhere," annabeth states. "great and then we'll meet back here," luke nods. "odie's gonna come with us," percy insists while squeezing my hip making me blush. luke's eye twitches at the small interaction before arguing, "no, she's staying with annabeth." "but i wanna go with-" i try to say but get interrupted. "no, ettie. you are staying with annabeth. you don't come with me and percy, you do not follow me and percy, do you understand?" luke demands.
i frown but nod as percy kisses the top of my head and whispers in my ear, "i'll see you in a bit, i guess." "mhm... bye perce," i huff as he walks away with luke.

i turn to annabeth as my stomach begins to churn the farther they get, "something feels wrong." "maybe you just miss your boyfriend," she suggests. "no... can we follow just in case?" i ask with worried eyes. "luke just said-" "i know, i know. but come on isn't your athena annabeth sense thing going off?" "okay, fine. but we have to stay quiet," she tells me while we begin to follow luke and percy while hiding in the shadows. i tiptoed carefully as i was attempting to not step on any twigs, annabeth had a sword for protection while i was holding a small dagger.

"talk about celebration. they really pulled out all the stops for you. come on, you've said, like, two words since we left the cabin," i hear luke's voice say. "just... thinking about what the oracle said. that i'll fail to save what matters most in the end," percy speaks. they begin to list stuff that came true in the prophecy. ares, check. the bolt, check. "and you shall be betrayed by one who calls you friend. well the reason clarisse is still here is because you never said anything to chiron about her. did you?" percy said with realization as luke stayed silent. i looked at annabeth with confusion as she slipped on her hat and became invisible. great, now i'm alone and confused.