more promises

ᵇᵘᵗ ʷᵉ ʲᵘˢᵗ ˢᵃⁱᵈ ᵍᵒᵒᵈᵇʸᵉ
ʸᵒᵘ ˡᵒᵒᵏᵉᵈ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵃᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵒⁿᶜᵉ
ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱ ˡᵒᵒᵏᵉᵈ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗʷᵒ ᵗⁱᵐᵉˢ

ƒαує ωєвѕтєя

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
odette's pov

-VIOLENCE is something i try to avoid at all costs. but i knew as ares approached something was bound to happen. "stay behind me odie," percy tells me as he holds out his sword. "perce, are you really gonna fight him?" i ask while annabeth holds onto me. percy doesn't answer as he shouts at ares, "single combat!" "what?" everyone but percy questions. "one-on-one, but i set the terms. if i draw blood first, i keep the bolt and you surrender the helm," percy clarifies. ares let out a laugh as percy continues, "do you accept?"

"i mean, it's your funeral kid. although just to be clear, no funeral. any trace of you leaves a trace of my plan and we can't have that," ares says. "it wasn't your plan though, was it? it was kronos," percy claims. "do they really have to fight," i complain to annabeth and grover. i gasp and hide my face in annabeth's shoulder as ares charges at percy. i hear swords clanking together and then a thump, and i looked up to see percy fall onto the ground. annabeth holds me back as percy gets thrown by ares and i try to run to him "he said to stay behind, so your staying here. he'll be okay," annabeth reassures me. "percy!" i cry out repeatedly as ares kicks percy into a puddle.

percy huffs as he pulls himself up, "i warned you, if you're not careful. you'll find out who i am." my mouth drops open as the ground shakes and a huge wave crashes into ares. they quickly began to fight again and percy managed to cut open ares leg. annabeth let go of me as percy walked over to us, i immediately latch myself to him. "are you okay?" he asks me while rubbing my back. "are you okay?" i ask as i remove my face from the crook of his neck so i could look at his face. he gives me a smile but ares pulls the attention back to him as he begins to clap, "yay! that was so cool. wanna know what you really won today?"

we all turn to look at ares as he finishes, "an enemy for life. congrats!" "look away!" annabeth shouts the same time grover yells, "don't look at his true form!" percy squeezes his eyes shut as i hide my face in his chest. "is he gone?" i whisper as i hear a thump. i feel percy's body turn as he looks behind us and then i feel a pat on my shoulder, "yeah he's gone." i move to stand in between him and grover as annabeth walks to what had caused the thump. "it's hades helm," annabeth informs us as grover walks over to her.

"what?" i ask percy as i catch him staring down at me. he tugs me closer and rests his forehead against mine while maintaining eye contact. i glance over to see grover and annabeth examining the helm, percy grabs my face gently to bring my attention back to him. "can i get the second one now, please?" percy asks which makes me furrow my eyebrows. "second what?" i giggle in confusion. he just shakes his head before placing a tender kiss on my lips which i reciprocate while my fingers run through his curls.

    i pull back slowly as we look at eachother with big smiles before getting interrupted by grover who's eyes were wide, "since when do you guys kiss?" annabeth hits his shoulder before rolling her eyes as percy and i's face redden. "come on guys. let's go," percy says ignoring grover's comment and taking my hand. "no i'm serious because- what? ow!" grover exclaims as he gets slapped in the arm by annabeth again as they follow. "be quiet grover. leave them alone," annabeth hisses.

     "do you want us to stay outside?" i ask percy as we approach the door. "no, no, no. i want you to come with," he insists. "quite something, isn't it?" a voice startles us as we walk into the kitchen. percy pushes me behind him slightly as we see alecto in the kitchen. annabeth and grover come inside, and she was holding onto hades helm as percy points at it while talking to alecto, "hades sent you to retrieve it. that's been your quest all along." percy releases my hand to grab the helm and i move next to grover. percy sets the helm on the table aggressively making annabeth question him, "what do you think you are doing?" "living up to my end of the bargain," percy tells her.

     alecto grabs the helm and percy stares at her, "tell hades i expect him to do the same." alecto smirks as she begins to walk away with the helm, "good luck to olympus. perhaps there will still be a world for your mother to return to." "what does that even mean?" grover asks turning to percy. "perce..." i trail off. "no," annabeth tells him. percy looks at all of us, "i have to." "the quest already failed. we missed the deadline," i tell him. 

     i zoned off as they continued to argue about percy going to olympus. what if he doesn't make it back? "you three have to go back to camp," percy says snapping me back to reality. "what?" i question loudly making everyone turn towards me. "odie... you three need to go back to camp, i want you to be safe. i need you safe," percy replies. "you need to think about this," i tell him while shaking my head. "i'm done running from monsters," percy argues. "okay," i nod with tears in my eyes as i head towards the door to go outside. "odie..." percy says sadly as he watches me slam the door.

     i start to hyperventilate on the porch as i cry. breathe, breathe, breathe, just breathe. i heard the door open and i look behind me to see grover shut the door. "hey, just breathe. ettie... it's okay," grover attempts to soothe me as i hiccup. "i can't-" i wheeze out while gripping the railing. grover runs back inside and he comes back with annabeth and she immediately rushes to my aid. "hey he will be fine, okay? just imagine, we're gonna be back at camp with luke and you guys can sort yourselves out. then we can all hangout and smell flowers. and you can be with percy and kiss him all you want," she laughs while hugging me as i begin to calm down. "it'll be me, you, grover, perce, and luke always. right?" i manage to ask. she nods, "yes. all five of us." "promise?"
"i promise, ettie. we will all always be here for you," she says as she wipes my tears away.

     "did he already leave?" i ask annabeth and grover. "no, he's waiting for you. we told him he can't leave without saying goodbye to you," grover tells me. "i'm gonna go see him," i say to them before heading back inside. percy stops packing his stuff up and turns around at the sound of the door shutting, "odie?" i walk over to him and pull him in a tight hug and he automatically wrapped his arms around my waist. "i'm sorry. i didn't mean to be mean," i admit with a sniffle. "it's okay, pretty girl. you were just upset," he mumbles into my neck.

     i pull away from him and unclasped one of my necklaces, "here take this. you know, for good luck." i reach behind his neck to clasp the necklace which makes his face blush, "now you'll always have a part of me. even when we're not together." "thank you," he smiles and then places a kiss on my forehead. "you gotta go," he mutters in disappointment. "see you soon?" i raise a brow. "see you soon. i promise," he speaks. "see you soon my pretty boy," i smile and give him a quick kiss on the cheek. i walk away from percy but look back at him twice in sadness, and he watches me leave. grover and annabeth greeted me with smiles of sympathy, "let's go." annabeth wraps an arm around me as we walk, "are you okay?" i sigh and look up at the sky,

"I WILL BE."

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕤

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕤

hey guys, i finally updated! i'm working on other books too, if you want to check em' out. like always if there are any spelling mistakes feel free to correct me. thank you all so much for the votes, i'm thankful for all the support and love! plz tell me what you guys think of the book, i love to hear your opinions( plz be kind tho). thank you so much for reading!
i appreciate you<3.
love, aim

got any ideas for the story?      ———->

໒꒰ྀི'• ˕ •' ꒱ྀིა