odette's realization

ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᵐʸ ʰᵃⁿᵈ
ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᵐʸ ʷʰᵒˡᵉ ˡⁱᶠᵉ, ᵗᵒᵒ
ᶠᵒʳ ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ʰᵉˡᵖ
ᶠᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ⁱⁿ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ

єℓνιѕ ρяєѕℓєу

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
odette's pov

-MEDUSA, was talking as i hid my face in percy's chest. "if you have something to resolve, why not come inside and i'll help? alecto, will you be joining us?" medusa asked while everyone looked away from her. alecto didn't reply and instead just stayed hiding in her wing. "no? well i didn't think you would. she won't bother you as long as you're with me. but it isn't as though she will leave either, not if it means reporting back that she failed to retrieve the son of poseidon and the daughter of persephone." percy looked up at the mention of our names but i gripped his arm which made him immediately turn his attention back to me. "how did you..?" percy asked. "a forbidden child has been claimed, how long did you think that would be a secret?" medusa asked. when nobody replied she continued,"it's a pleasure to meet you son of poseidon, i'm medusa." percy then tried to look up again but i pulled his head back down while shaking my head at him. annabeth saw percy trying to look and said,"percy don't! she's a monster."

    "we all choose who we make our monsters, but right now that one wants to tear you limb from limb.. and i'm offering you lunch, the choice is yours." medusa says as she walks away. when we hear the footsteps going away we all lift our heads up. "i think we can trust her," percy blurts out as let go of his arm. "what?" "dude." "huh?" percy then continues,"i can't explain it.. my mom used to tell me her story. and the point was that she isn't what people think. and i trust my mom so i'm going in, you guys can do what you want."
i take his hand and interlock our fingers and he looks down at me. "if your going i'm going perce," i say to him offering a small smile. then percy and i walk away towards the building, grover following behind. when the three of us walked in there was a table full of desserts, i immediately spotted a strawberry cheesecake and dropped percy's hand. i swear the cheesecake was calling my name. "you must be hungry. i left snacks out on the table while i get something proper going ," medusa's voice called out.

    "you guys think it's safe to eat?" percy asked making eye contact with both me and grover. "perce, i'm not gonna lie.. that cheesecake looks really good so i'm ready to take that chance," i say while staring at the cheesecake. percy stifled a laugh and smiled down at me as annabeth walked in. "thanks for coming," percy said looking at annabeth. "this isn't the same for me as it is for you," annabeth replies, which made percy raise an eyebrow. he looks cute when he's confused. "why?" percy asks. medusa then walked in the room,"you're concerned i would hold a grudge against you simply because of you are the daughter of athena?" all four of us put our heads down and i searched for percy's hand, which he saw so he grabbed mine giving it a comforting squeeze. "you shouldn't be, we're not our parents after all. and you and i might have more in common than you think. please sit and eat," medusa continued. percy then stopped holding my hand as he pulled out a chair for me and we sat down next to each other. i then saw grover eating so i took some cheesecake and started devouring it. gosh this is some good cheesecake.

    "so if your not a monster than what are you?" percy asked medusa while stealing a couple glances at me. "a survivor," medusa replied.
"you must move a little more than that," percy said while taking a cookie before continuing,
"there's a fury outside that seems terrified of you." i looked over at grover and pointed to the cheesecake and smiled big, he gave a thumbs up back. "because she knows what i think of her. i don't like bullies, so when one shows up on my doorstep they end up staying a lot more time there then they planned for. the gift the gods gave to me is that i cannot be bullied anymore," medusa told percy. that's when annabeth decided to open her mouth,"what my mother did to you wasn't a gift, it was a curse." gosh annabeth really loves to argue.. but with medusa? come on annie, i would at least like to eat my cheesecake in peace before i turn into a statue.