jealousy jealousy

ⁱᵗ'ˢ ʸᵒᵘ, ⁱᵗ'ˢ ʸᵒᵘ, ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ
ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ⁱ ᵈᵒ
ⁱ ᵗᵉˡˡ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ
ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉⁿ ⁱˢ ᵃ ᵖˡᵃᶜᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵉᵃʳᵗʰ ʷⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ
ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ᵈᵒ

ℓαηα ∂єℓ яєу

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

-BREATHE in, breathe out, and shoot. "bullseye," i say with a grin and i turn around and see percy and luke. i realize they were watching that and my face gets red as they walk over, i set my bow down gently.
  "amazing shot ettie," luke says while ruffling my hair. i smiled up at him and whacked his hand away gently. percy watches the interaction with a a weird look.

percy's pov

  -JEALOUSY. why was i jealous? are they dating? does luke like her? my mind was running with questions about her and i didn't even know her name. "percy?" i heard a soft angelic voice ask, i looked up immediately. "wanna shoot?" the flawless girl asks while offering a bow.
"can i get your name if i try?" i blurt out. she must think i'm so weird now, why did i say that?
"wow luke didn't tell you? i'm so offended. my name is odette lanson, it's nice to officially meet you percy. i was going to introduce myself earlier but i kept forgetting.." she says with a sheepish look as her beautiful face gets red.

    "shut up ettie," luke says while pushing her softly. i slowly take the bow out of her hands.
  "i want to be very clear about this, i've never done anything like this before, and it looks super dangerous." i say looking at the both of them.
"and you never killed a minotaur before either, til' you did," luke replies. i grab an arrow and odette offers to light my arrow with a smile.
"uh i wouldn't," i say and she shrugs and and watches me start aiming. as i shoot i fall and the arrow flies away, not towards the target unfortunately, and everyone ducks. "should i try again?" everyone yells 'no' except for odette and luke. odette just offers her hand and i take it gratefully, when she pulls me up we're chest to chest. and she just blushes and backs away a bit smiling at me. i did that! i made her blush! wow..
"you did decent percy," odette says with an encouraging tone and cute little smile. she definitely just said that to make me feel better, and it worked. i'm going to have to ask luke if she's single. unfortunately me and luke had to say our goodbyes and she smiled at us and gave us each a hug and then continued practicing her archery, even though it was quite obvious she didn't have to.

    luke and i are pretty far away from odette now, so i look at him. "what do you want to know percy?" luke asks me with a roll of his eyes.
  "how d-did you kno-" i start stuttering.
"i can tell by the look on your face, just ask your question," luke says.
  "okay uhm.. is odette seeing anyone? like is she single?" i ask really nervously. what if he likes her? maybe i should've asked someone else.. luke stops walking and just stares at me.
"percy i wouldn't even try with her, her head is always in the clouds", luke replies.
"so you're saying i should just give up, already?"
i ask while tilting my head to the side.
"save yourself and don't fall for her she won't even be able to tell if you like her or not, no matter what you do." luke explains to me like it's a fact. then we arrive at our next destination... it won't hurt to try with her, right? but luke muttered something under his breath as he patted my back as we walk in.      
        "you guys will never happen percy."

odette's pov

-LUNCHTIME, one of my favorite times of the day. i got my lunch which consisted of a chicken sandwich, fries, and for dessert strawberry cheesecake. as i grabbed some water i saw luke sitting with percy so i walked over carefully not wanting to drop anything. i sat next to percy as he asked, "is there a greek god of disappointment? maybe someone should ask him if he's missing a kid." before i can say something lukes friend, chris, opens his mouth quickly.
  "oizys... but she's a goddess." i look at him with disbelief but he still continues,"and her whole thing isn't really disappointment, it's more like failure."
"chris stop speaking, respectfully," i say with a tiny smile. percy then finally notices i'm next to him and his eyes light up and his lips immediately start to curve into a smile. i smile back and start eating my lunch while taking some small sips of water, percy just watches me with a blank expression. i wipe my mouth assuming there were crumbs or something but he still doesn't look away. and i turn my head and meet his eyes.
  "is there something on my face?" i ask him. he just shakes his head and mutters a quick 'no' and looks away. luke gives us a weird look and then starts a conversation again.
  "we're gonna find the thing that you're good at, i know it." luke states. i suggest sword fighting, i personally was never really good at that... before anyone can reply though the bell chimes, i stood up quickly.
"hey where are you going?" percy looks up at me looking like a cute lost puppy. "it's our turn," i say with a small laugh.
  "our turn for what?" percy asks.
"burnt offerings. the gods like the smell so it gets their attention before you say a prayer," luke replies. percy's face gets even more puzzled.
  "they like the smell of burnt mac & cheese?"
i stifled a laugh and replied, "no they like the smell of begging perce." then my smile drops.