𝟏𝟏.

After Eddie finished making eggs, we sat together on the couch watching some horror movie he brought. "Rocky Horror" or something. I sat slouched across the sofa while Eddie laid between my legs, his head on my chest.

His springy black curls spread across my torso and I decided to play with it. Eddie had told me before he hated when people touched his hair. He once slapped Garrett accidentally because he turned around too close to him. He says he styles his hair but I don't believe it, his hair is constantly mangled. Maybe it's part of his look? He is kind of a punk.

But when I rung my fingers through his tangled hair, he didn't say anything. He even leaned into my hands. (Like he did last night💀). I was in awe.

He was more calm than I've ever seen him throughout high school. He'd always seemed stressed and super hyper, sometimes even depressed. There were times I was going to ask him if he was okay but it wasn't okay for me to ask. According to Tommy and all the other bullshit friends I had.

They would frequently harass him but not to an insane extent like Jason. They'd throw pencils, pull his hair, call him things, and spray paint his locker. But they only spray painted it because it was a dare. They never actually cared for him.

I didn't know a lot about Eddie's past, but I knew he resented his parents. I can't help but feel sad for him, I mean, did he have a good childhood at all? He was abandoned at such a young age. He's been bullied most his life too, ESPECIALLY when his head was shaved. He told me he's never felt more humiliated in his life.

I wasn't paying much attention to the movie but more about how Eddie looks right now. His hands placed around my torso as his face was slightly smushed by pressing his body against mine. His nose ring glistened ever so slightly and he seemed so focused into the movie. Sometimes he hummed along to the music.

I feel like I adore him.

Although Eddie seems like a dick and a punk at school, he's probably the most wonderful person I've ever met, besides Robin. He made that sickening feeling go away just by being near me. I continues to massage his hair as he spoke up. "Wanna go smoke outside?" He lifted his head and shifted to face me, his chest now pressed against my stomach. "Sure" I nodded. He pushed himself off of me and made his way to the sliding door that led to my pool. A steam floated off of the lit water from the weather. I followed and sat next to him by the pool, like we did a few days ago.

He pulled out Malboros from his back pocket and put one in his mouth, then handing one to me. I placed the cigarette between my lips and brought his face close to mine, making our cigarettes touch. What was he doing?

All of a sudden, he lit our cigarettes with his lighter while we connected. He looked into my eyes as he inhaled with me. He took the cigarette between two fingers and opened his mouth, letting smoke float away from his lips. How is he so effortlessly sexy?

I copied his movements but instead kissed him as he smiled at me. I held the cigarette between my fingers as I grabbed the sides of his face and made love to his lips. He laughed as I practically tackled him and nearly fell backward. "Stop looking at me like that, Munson." I smiled as I broke away and placed my hand across his face slightly pushing him back. I took another drag as I stared at the steam fall away from the pool.

Eddie scooted closer to me and placed an arm around my shoulders, leaning up against me. I leaned back and just let his warmth consume me.

"Isn't it crazy how we've only known each other for a short amount of time and we're already obsessed with each other? It doesn't make sense does it? It's like we were meant to be together. I mean, we're opposites but I guess this means it's not impossible for opposites to attract." Eddie spoke. I went silent as I was digesting his words.

"I guess it is weird. Us. I mean, I feel so safe around you, Eddie. You make me feel...less..I don't know- less shitty." I took a drag after I finished speaking. He chuckled slightly. "Steve Harrington feels safe around me? I make him feel less shitty? How honored I feel, darling" he laughed. I rolled my eyes and nudged him. "Of course you do. Didn't we just fuck?" I said. "Well, Steve. 'Fucking' isn't just about love sometimes. Not that I don't- you know. That meant something to me. I'm just saying having sex doesn't always mean love." He shrugged and inhaled the smoke.

"I know that, but I'm talking about us. Us, Eddie." I leaned my head against his. He sighed. "You're so lovable, Steve. Although you can be an asshole." He giggled into my shoulder. I took my last drag and let the cigarette out by pushing the burning embers into the concrete. "Am I lovable? I know I can be an asshole but..I beg to differ I'm lovable" I said as I fidgeted with my fingers.

"Are you kidding? Of course you're lovable. You're funny, charismatic, you've got charm, you're sexy, you care about people, and you look out for your friends. Jesus, Harrington." He laughs sadly as the embers lit up in his cigarette. "Stop" I said dragging out the word. "You're too nice" I spoke. "And you're too hard on yourself" he looked up at me. I smiled at him.
-