Chapter 1: Goodmorning Sleepyhead!

Nightmare awoke to the sound of crashing pans, and a girlish scream.

He sighed and closed his eyes again, wishing he'd been able to sleep just a little more before his bumbling buffoon of a brother had awoken him.

He checked the clock. It was the ungodly hour of 5 in the morning.

Nightmare wanted to shrivel away. He knew why that sunny monstrosity was awake. Oh how dream had been jittery late into the night. It was finally here.

The start of their Junior year in highschool.

Nightmare contemplated skipping. He was sure that the teachers would leap for joy if he skipped.

But no. After all, Nightmare did not feel like having his phone blown up by Killer, that imbecile.

Nightmare reluctantly crawled out of bed, stretching to pop all of his bones. Should he rush down to see if Dream was okay?

Well, maybe. That didn't mean he would though.

Nightmare sluggishly changed into his usual outfit; a baggy black hoodie and some shorts.

Despite being fall, the weather was brisk at most, so there was no reason to wear longer, more uncomfortable pants.

Sighing in dejection, Nightmare headed downstairs.

Nightmare lived alone with his twin brother, Dream. A lot of people had family, but as with all the other local skeletons, they had never known their parents.

Honestly, he held no sadness over the fact that they had all been dropped in this town as children. Who would want to raise something as high maintenance as children?

Nightmare trudged downstairs. Besides, their guardian had left them plenty of money. That was more than most of the others could say.

Especially Cross. After middle school any envy anyone had of him being adopted jumped straight out of the second story window.

He finally made it downstairs at his slow pace. Dream had put all the pots away, and turned around, grinning ear to ear.

"Good morning brother! Excited for our first day back?"

Nightmare just rolled his eyes in response and grabbed a cold coffee (like the bottled ones) from the fridge. Breakfast had never been better.

He grabbed his bag from by the door and headed out, Dream instinctively scrambling out behind him.

"So, brother. Are you excited to see all your friends? I mean, I know you guys hang out all the time but that's besides the point. Actually-"

Nightmare cut him off, not wanting to hear a rant about Dreams gross little friends again.

"I'd say more of a gang of sorts. My subordinates."

Dream nodded, knowing exactly how Nightmare felt about this.

The rest of the walk continued in silence, until the pair arrived at the gates of their school.

Pushing through the crowd, the two made their way to the same classroom they had used since Freshman year. You see, this town had quite a lot of paranoia towards the skeletons.

They were too powerful, or so everyone said. Thus, they had been kept in a separate class since the first days of their education.

Dream of course went right over to his little friends, and began talking away.

Nightmare scanned all the desks. Seemed like he and Dream were the last ones to arrive. His usual desk in the back was perfectly empty.

While it was true each desk had two sets of chairs, there was an uneven amount of students.

Obviously, Nightmare had threatened anyone who tried to take away his right to solidarity.

His gang sat at the tables around, talking away. Nightmare shuffled in and sat down.

Before anyone could exchange greetings, the teacher came in.

She loudly announced:

"Students, there will be a bit of a change this year."