Chapter 30: The fourth wall is gone

A/N I'm spoiling y'all with the two thousand word chapters daily 

After what seemed like a particularly long class, the bell finally rung; dismissing them to magical training. All of the shipping conspiracies were erased and collected at the speed of light. It was like they were never there by the time Dawn and Nightmare finally looked at the board. Seeing the board empty, Dawn cursed herself for being distracted enough to not take down any notes. She could probably count on Sci for that though.

Walking down the halls, she subconsciously kept pace with Nightmare, so the two walked down the hallways side by side. Blue casually snapped a photo for the conspiracy board, earning a glare from Dream, and a scoff from Dust, who was behind him. He just shrugged and grinned, obviously showing no remorse.

Nightmare was the first to reach the door, and he walked in before anyone else. He held the door open behind him with one of his tentacles for Dawn. Nobody else of course; they all had to open the doors and hold them with their own arms. Horror, being the sweet boy he is, easily held the door open for everyone else. Blue and Lust exchanged looks, clearly taking note of this new behavior between those two to use later.

Dust rolled his eyes. He could probably tell Nightmare and get all this over with, but then again he wasn't the snitch type. Plus, that might make things more awkward when everyone hung out, particularly at the party this weekend. He liked silence, but he preferred when everyone was too busy focusing on each other to notice him.

Fell was very much feeling similar to Dust on this matter. I mean, he didn't want to be a ghost but he also was sick of hearing all this lovey dovey cutesy stuff. He missed the days when everyone was too busy bickering; it used to be entertaining around here. Now everyone was acting like fanfiction fangirls.

He fell into the back with Dust, both nodding in greeting. As usual, he and Error sat with the gang in the back section of the bleachers. The usually empty center of the gym was occupied by some sort of training or agility course. Fell groaned upon seeing it; whereas everyone else seemed either neutral or excited. Well, at least on this side of the Gym. Across the Gym in the front section of the bleachers, the Stars were excitedly chatting away.

Sci looked like he was dreading every second that ticked closer to the start of class. The others seemed to be joking around and trying to comfort him; it wasn't a surprise though, Sci had never been good at the agility test.

The agility test was an annual test, much like the power level testing. People who didn't have as much power could often make it up in this test, since the others that happened in the future were also pretty intense. However there were some people who weren't good at it; particularly Fell, Sci, and Horror. Horror was amazing at the physical strength tests, so he didn't really have to worry about his score on this one.

Sci on the other hand was pretty miserable at all of it. He was considered a relatively weak monster; but if you gave that man some tools and chemicals? That was a real cause to run for the hills. Fell would be fine in the other tests, his dislike for this one was purely how stiff he was compared to everyone else. Since unlike the Stars Nightmare's gang liked to make fun of each other, he'd be on the chopping block for at least a week after.

Across the gym, Dawn was relieved that she chose her training outfit. She would absolutely be competitive against her friends in this challenge. She figured her worst competitors would be Ink and Lust. Blue or Dream could also be a tough competitor, but they didn't constantly participate in activities that would increase their ability to be swift and flexible.

They heard a whistle blow, and all turned towards the door. They were expecting to see the same cranky teacher that was there everyday. However, they were met with quite the shock as a short, excitable looking, and colorful monster walked in instead.