Chapter 29: Just kiss already

A/N I might drop a one shot / playlist book, y'all interested?

Dust was annoyed. Class was boring, sure, but he could always just sleep through it. Nobody would dare flip his hood back to make sure he was awake anyway. As of now however, the classroom was a ruckus. The only people who were silent were him and Error, and Error was barely managing to be so with all the pestering Ink was doing.

Of course, usually Nightmare would have been asleep, woken up by this, and then angrily threatened everyone to shut up. Thankfully, that used to almost always help. Nowadays though, he was too busy being the new girl's boyfriend that wasn't actually dating her. To make the irony worse, all the noise and commotion was about them.

It was certainly strange to see a teacher who managed to rope in Killer and Ink; although considering the topic was about love drama between their own class he wasn't really that surprised that they chose to get involved.
Cross might've been just as annoyed as him, but he was too busy agreeing with anything Dream said. Seriously, did everyone in his class have to be down bad? He sighed and slumped back in his seat, hoping everyone would read that as a clear signal to leave him alone. Unfortunately for him, not everyone understood what that message meant.

Blue glanced at the back. Finally, one of his favorite meant to be couples. He only had to wait about two months for them, but he figured it was different when it was the first time feeling this way at an older age. Everyone else had more slow burn crushes; Error used to hate Ink for example. He was probably unsure that what he was feeling was love in the first place. However while looking back, something else caught his eye.

Was he sitting by himself? Look, he was also slumped over! He looked really dejected; Blue wondered why. That's when it came to him; Dust must be lonely! He had always been silent and more of a shadow, so Blue hadn't really interacted with him as much as he had with all of the others over the years.

He decided that now was the time for that to change. Dust wouldn't have to sit lonely in the class! He just needed an invitation to join everyone else. Blue excused himself and walked to the back. Quite a few people questioned it, but it wasn't like Blue wasn't known for his spontaneousness.

As Blue approached his desk, Dust groaned. You had got to be kidding him. All he wanted was a nice quiet room to sleep in, and now one of the most noisy disturbances was coming to bother him? Was this the life he was destined to live? Seriously, major thorn in his side. Blue finally made it to his desk and grinned like a maniac.

"Hey Dust! How's it going?"
Dust really ought to tell him off. Just tell him exactly what he thought; then Blue would leave him alone. It would also hurt his feelings though- something his little brother had taught him to be sensitive about when he was still alive. Sometimes he missed the made up version of him that haunted Dust's mind, but the gang had helped get rid of him and convinced Dust that his brother wouldn't have wanted that.

Unfortunately, Blue took that as an invite to start rambling. Usually Dust would just walk away, so he took this as a silent acceptance. Rather, it was more that Dust was unable to leave in the middle of class.

"We haven't ever really talked, you know? Hey, you're not really with the rest of the class. We're talking about our mutual friends! Wouldn't Nightmare and Dawn make a good couple?"
Dust wasn't going to lie here. He wasn't blind- after spending time hanging out with both Dawn and Nightmare he could tell there was chemistry between the two. He did think they would be a cute couple, but he really didn't care about relationships. Especially when they didn't involve him. He preferred to watch from the sidelines.

"Yeah, I suppose."

Blue was disappointed by the dry response. Still, that was probably because Dust was just really slow to open up! Error had been like this when he and Blue first became friends, so he just needed another push.