Chapter Ten

Covert CIA Research Base

Vincent's POV

As we all sit together in the room, Quinton and Darwin playing with the arcade machine again. Erik and Jack were playfully flirting with each other. Angel, Niklaus, Raven, and I sat on the floor with Zach. Hank and Sean talking the chairs in front of us, Alex and Mariposa sits away from everyone.

As we sit just talking, my amazing cat hears pick up a sound coming from above I stand up and listen before I start to smell lots of blood.

"Guys we got a problem." I say to them getting everyone's attention and they all walk towards, Zack must of heard something as he starts to growling and walks beside me.

"Vin, what is it." My twin and Jack asks me.

"There are loud noises outside and I smell tons of blood." I say to them as Mariposa smells the air.

"He is right I smell it too." Mariposa said as Alex and her walks closer to us as she said that loud bang hit the roof making us shriek as Hank and Darwin open the curtains as a body falls in front of it making us scream.

"Vin we need to leave now. We are in trouble." Jarvis tells me as he appears making me jump very slightly.

I go to answer but I hear Oliver scream before I look up seeing two fingers in front of the moon my eyes wide as I can smell it is Oliver

"Hank, Vin, it's my dad." Jack told Hank and I as we watch as he watched as Oliver falls to his death causing Jack to scream and try to run to him but Erik holds him back as he start screaming and crying.

The armed guards coming running out telling us to get back but we scream at them 'behind you' as a red man stands behind them before vanishing and starts killing the men.

As we move back the men's gun fire at the window making us hide behind the couch Niklaus in my arms as he holds Angel as they hold Raven, Jack, and Zach as Darwin, Erik, Hank, and Quinton shield us a very loud sounds catches all of our attention seeing a huge tornado destroying Cerebro.

"Stay here my ass." Darwin said to us as we all run Quinto, Erik, Hank, Alex, and Sean in front of Raven, Angel, Niklaus, Jack, Darwin and myself run behind them with Zach running beside me.

We make it to the hall as much of armed men hold us and tells us to go back. A massive explosion comes our way killing many of the men making us run back to the room the tornado coming closer to the red man kills the last few agents. The red man grabs one agent by his neck as another one shot and kills him.

The tornado sends a man flying into the room breaking the glass killing him. We all scream in fear Raven, Angel, Niklaus, and Jack crying as tired tears on my face as Niklaus falls into my arms scared out of his mind.

As the chaos comes to a stop Hank, Quinton, Erik, Sean, Alex, Mariposa and Darwin stands in front of us. Angel and Jack holding my hand as Niklaus reference to come out of my arms Raven hugging up to my back holding Niklaus' hand as Mariposa and Alex stands in tears next to Erik and Zach stands next to Hank looking at the door as I hear a man coming towards us.

"Where the mutants?" The unknown man said.

"There in there please don't kil..." the other man said ranting us out as a loud body fall sound out making us shriek.

The unknown man opens the door as the red man appears inside the room with us inch closer together and Zach starts softly growls.

"Where's the telepath?" The unknown man said wearing a metal helmet.

"Not here." The red man tells him as he removes his helmet giving it to the other suited man.

"Good evening. My name is Sebastian Shaw. And I'm not here to hurt you." This Shaw guy tells us as a CIA guard yells freeze.

"Azazel." He said to the red man as he disappears than reappears killing the guard.

"My friends, there's a revolution coming. When mankind discovers who we are, and what we can do, each of us will face a choice." He said to all of us the twelve of us look at him with hatred but Niklaus, Angle, and Jack refusing to look at him as Mariposa and Alex has a sort smirk on their face.

"Be enslaved or rise up to rule. Choose freely, but know that if you are not with us, then by definition, you are against us." Shaw said look at Raven and I.

"So, you can stay and fight for the people who hate and fear you. Or you can join me, and live like kings and queens." Shaw said to Mariposa and Alex as they smiles at him grabbing both his hand and walking away with him.

"Alex?" Quinton said making his brother stop and turn to face us.

"Posey?" Jack said making her stop and turn to face us.

"I was tortured by humans. Why the hell would I want to save them. I am sorry but I want to be free." Mariposa said as she turned to look at Alex.

"Quinton and I were bullied by humans. I was the one who was bullied. I need my revenge." Alex said while he and Mariposa walking away with Shaw

"We got to stop this." Sean said to Quinton quietly.

"Stop! I am coming with you." Darwin said walking to them making Shaw smiles.

"Darwin?" I say making him look at me than turns to Shaw.

"Good choice, so tell me about your mutation?" Shaw asks him walking in front of him.

"Well I adapt to survive, so I guess I am coming with you." Darwin said as we all walk behind him.

"I like that." Shaw said gesturing him to join them.

"Quinton." Darwin said to us as Marcos send out yellow light but Shaw absorbs it.

"Protecting your fellow mutants, that a noble gesture. Feel good." He said as Darwin comes up to him and throws a punch but Shaw catches his arm and grabs his neck tightly.

"Adapt to this." Shaw said bring a ball of Marcos's light to his mouth it Zach runs at him roaring in his face biting his shoulder.

"Zach stop!" I yell moving to him, but Shaw sends the light of Quinton's lightning into his body sending him back into the wall before moving back to his allies. As I run and jump over the small wall grabbing Zach's head putting him on my lap.

"Zach, stay with me. Buddy stay awake." I say to him as he looks at me with a tear running down his face.

"Vin, I am..so..glad I met..you. You...ga..ve me hope in..humanity." He said to me out of breath.

"No your going to be fine. I got you okay. Hank,
Jack help him." I say to both of them with eyes filled with tears and my face stains with tears.

"You're going to be fine okay Zach. Just stay with me."

"Jack help." I yelled to Jack who just stands they staring at us with sadness in his eyes.

"Vi...Vi...Vin I don't...feel....good." Zach said before closing his eyes slowly looking at me.

"You're going to be fine buddy. I got you."

"I got you." I say to him rocking us back and fourth holding him tightly.

"You're going to be okay."

"Zach keep your eyes open please."

"Stay with me!" I yell at him as he close his heart slowly down.

"Zach! Wake up buddy. Wake up." I say to Zach softly but he does not answer.

"Zach please wake up. You can sleep later buddy. You need to wake up." I say hearing Hank, Jack and Raven come to me.

"Vin..he's...gone...you have let it go okay." Hank said as I shake my head holding him closer to me.

"Okay." Raven said as she hugs my shoulder.

"He is just sleeping. He's going to catch a cold out here. Jack, Hank help me pick him up." I say in denial.

"Here." Sean said to me passing me a blanket as I nod and wrap it around Zach.