Chapter Nine

Covert CIA Research Base

Third POV

As Moria, Ryan, Charles, Phineas and Oliver and the Senator walk in heading to the lounge area discussing the plans for Russia.

"We're got intel that Shaw is meeting with the Russian defense chief in Moscow. So, go ahead. Say it." Senator said to Moria as he looks frustrated.

"I'm not here to say, 'I told you so.' You know why I'm here." She tells.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Clearance to bring along your mutants. Fight fire with fire. Makes sense." He though about her offer.

"Wait! You're okay with this? Sending in a bunch of untrained unauthorized freaks?" Another agent said overhearing their conversation which makes Oliver look at him angrily.

"These freaks...are dedicated, hardworking people." Oliver said to him getting into his personal space.

"And may I remind you my son, Vin and Hank McCoy are both mutants and without them this facility would've been shut down a while ago." He said as Ryan gently moves him away from the man.

"Plane leaves for Russia in an hour."

"I'm telling you, these kids are not ready for Shaw." Phineas tells him still in disagreement.

"I think they're going to surprise you. They're an exceptional bunch of young people." Charles said to him believing in his new team as he, Ryan, Phineas and Moria walks towards the group of mutants hearing very loud music playing.

"What the hell...?" Moria comments seeing the kids partying and drinking.

Hank is hanging from the chandelier, Quinton, Erik, and Darwin are testing Darwin's power of adapting. Sean, Jack, Nik and Alex are dancing on the table and couch as Angle, Raven, Mariposa and Vin all dance in their natural forms not a care in the world. Sharing a drink with a wolf jamming out to the song.

"Come on! Harder! Harder!" Darwin said to Quinton and Erik as the four adults just stare at them in disbelief while Charles, Ryan and Moria are Phineas is chuckling at the amazement sight

"What are you doing?" Ryan shouted getting everyone's attention making them look like deers seeing head lights.

"Who destroyed the statue? Why is there a tiger?" Moria practically yells at them, as he yells Mariposa, Raven, Angle and Vin as all turn back into human as the all stand there drunk out of their minds.

"Quinton destroyed the statue..." Hank said jumping down from the chandelier and continuing talk but Vin walks drunkly towards her pointing his finger at her.

"His...name...is Zack...and he...is a wolf." Vin said pointing at Zack while hiccuping between his words.

Vin tells Ryan and Moria swaying on his feet as the guys behind him start giggle and chuckling.