3. Changing Over

As the time went on Farleigh and I kept getting closer. At the next event I was sat with Farleigh. Well on his lap. We shared a cigarette together. "So, is this our new thing? Snaring cigarettes together." I said to him with a smile and he look at me with a smile.

"It can be if you want it to be." He said to me and I looked at him with a smile.

"Or maybe this can be instead." I said to him with a smile. Our faces then drew closer together. Leading us to kiss. That then led to a small make out between the two of us.

"I think I prefer that." He said and he kissed me. I felt a smile on his face.

"That's definitely a lot better." I said to him. We then watched as Felix took someone out with him. Annabelle. She did look bored.

"Yeah, maybe we should do that more often." He said to me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Definitely." I said as I took another hit of the cigarette giving it back to him. In the next few days the two of us got closer. We even went back to the pub together. Alone. And by the end of it he took me home again. "You know you can come in you know." I said to him as he stood outside in the hallway.

"Only if you insist." He said with a smirk on his face. We then managed to one up ourselves from making out. Instead it was taken all the way over to the bed this time. After a few hours we stopped and he led beside me. I put my head on his chest.

"So, what are we?" I asked him and he looked at me. He then kissed my head.

"You, Miss. Lauder can decide. But just know that if you decide on one thing you will make younger Farleigh's dreams come true." He said to me and I looked at him smiling.

"Let me sleep on that before I decide." I said to him jokingly and put my head on his chest.

"Wow, so you ask the question. Then your just falling asleep instead of answering." He said to me jokingly. I then looked up and kissed him.

"Did you want me to answer?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Yes, I want to know. What are we?" He asked me as he got closer to my face.

"We can be whatever you want us to be." I said to him and he shook his head at me. I was telling him all that he was telling me.

"Then we're making younger Farleigh's dreams a reality." He said to me with a smile. He then kissed me again before I rested my head back on his chest and falling asleep. When I'd woken up in the morning I felt an arm wrapped around me. I smiled once I knew who it was. I then picked my phone up and saw a message from Felix. "Good morning." I heard an awaking Farleigh say to me and I smiled.

"Good morning. How'd you sleep?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Better now that I have someone to share a bed with." He said to me and I looked at him.

"Does that mean the next time I'm at Saltburn I get to share a bed?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Now that push it with Aunt Elspeth but I can't see why not." He said to me. I then read the message from Felix.

"Felix wants to go to Kings Cross tonight." I said to him and he looked at me.

"We'll be there." He said to me and he kissed me. I need to open a window in this room. It was hot and for more than one reason. The whole day Farleigh and I didn't leave until it was time to go to the pub.

"Where the fuck have you both been all day?" Felix asked as the two of us walked into the pub together.

"We've been busy." I said to him and he looked at the both of us.

"I don't believe that." Felix said to us both.

"Well we were. With some things." Farleigh said to him and we all sat down together. India was there was well. We then started talking together. Having a smoke. The perfect night.

"What we're you two actually doing?" India asked and I looked at her with a smile.

"I won't kiss and tell." I whispered to her and she realised what I'd meant be all of this. When the end of the night came it was a bitter coldness outside.

"Are you cold?" Farleigh asked me as we walked through the streets.

"Freezing." I said and he stopped. I stopped as well. He then took his cardigan off.

"Put this on. You need it more than me." He said to me and he started putting it on me.

"But won't you get cold." He said to me and he put his arm around me.

"I'd rather you be warm." He said to me and he took me home. Staying the night again. The next morning I'd woken up early to revise all my materials. We had exams coming up. And I as much as I never cared for grades. This one was important to me. And once all those exams were over I ran over to Beth who put a pink cowgirls hat on me and then a feather boa.

"Very beautiful." She said to me with a smile. Me and her spent the day together. "Now let's get you ready for the ball. Unlike me you actually have a date." She said to me and I looked at her with a smile.

"Oh please, I don't need to dress up that much." I said to her and she took me to her dorm. Sitting me on her bed.

"Well your big jus take was being friends with me. Put this one." She said to me and I looked at the dress she pulled out.

"I'll put it on

"I'll put it on. Because I like it." I said to her and I went into her bathroom and closed the door. "How do I look?" I asked her and did a turn.

"You look so pretty." She said to me and she then did my makeup. "Now, let's get you to the ball." She said to me and I smiled at her.

"Let's get walking over." I said to her with a smile. When we got there I felt someone wrap an arm around you.

"Wow, someone really dressed." He said to me and I felt Beth let go of my arm.

"Don't get used to it." I said to him with a smile and he kissed me.

"But I kind of already am." He said to me and this was exactly what I wanted.

"Well this will be one of your last times seeing me like this. So enjoy it." I said to him with a smile and he passed me a cigarette.

"I will don't you worry." He said to me and after we'd both finished our smoke. We danced together. Leading us back to my room. "Come back to Saltburn. I'll miss you if you don't." He said to me as I cuddled up to him.

"You know I will. All the best memories I have are from there. With you and Felix and Venetia." I said to him and I kissed him.

"Im so glad. You'll save me from going fucking insane." He said to me and that would be true.

"And I'm happy to do that." I said to him with a smile. We both then fell asleep. I was glad that we'd been together. It had been a few months since we started our thing up together and it was working. Better than we could've thought.