18. Happy Fucking Birthday

When it reached the morning I was glad to see that everything was still in place. But it was the day of the party. I got dressed in my fairy outfit. Well a short dress and a pair of wings for it as well. I saw Felix drinking alone. "You were right about Oliver. He's a fucking liar." He said to me and I looked at him with a smile.

"I know. I did try and tell you that." I said to him and he looked at me.

"I wish I'd believed you. Because fucking hell." He said to me and I could tell that whatever it was that he found out. It was one of the worst things ever.

"Y/n, you're here." I heard a familiar voice say to me and I smiled as I recognised who it was.

"I'll let you have some fun." Felix said and he started to walk away.

"Felix, I love you." I said to him and he looked back at me.

"Love you too, Lauder." He said and he smiled. Who would've thought that would be one of the last times we'd talked.

"Beth. I'm so happy that you're here." I said to her with a smile. She then looked around.

"This place. This is where you spend your summers." She said to me and I looked around.

"Yeah, this place is where my summers start and end." I said to her with a smile. I could tell she wanted to know more. More about me. She was curious.

"Now that makes me wonder what kind of place you live at." She said to me and how I wish I was there instead of here. It would be safer.

"Trust me. It's not that much more impressive." I said to her with a smile and I could hear her gasp slightly. Me and her danced together before we had to go to the staircase in the house. We had to sing happy fucking birthday to that creep. I saw Farleigh and I ran over to him. He wrapped his arms around me.

"How I missed you." He said to me and he kissed me. That was before Oliver stood in our eye line and I stiffened up.

"I missed you too. Please don't leave again." I said to him and he smiled at me before he put his arm around my shoulders.

"I don't plan on it. Unless it's with you." He said to me and that's when we all started singing.

"Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear..." and the room went silent.

"Shit, I can't remember his name." Some guy said making me laugh.

"Happy birthday to you" We sang the rest and that's when he blew the candles out on his cake. We all then went to go and party. Farleigh and I were together.

"I know what will make this more fun." He said as he pulled a small tube out and dabbing the powder onto my hand. He then snorted it off and licked the rest off.

"You know you could've done that in a much more fun place." I said to him before he kissed me.

"Oh, really." He said to me as he pulled apart for a second. I then took the tube.

"My turn." I said to him and I did the same before our lips then both met again. How I could be in this state forever. I never wanted to leave.

"Why don't we sit down." He said to me as we pulled apart and he took me to a corner sitting down. I then sat on his lap straddling him.

"Now, this is so much more better." I said to him and my lips met with his again. This was the place that was comforting to me. When I pulled apart I saw Beth coming over.

"Can you both stop fighting each other with your tongues. I need to get a drink with Y/n if you don't mind Farleigh." Beth said to us both making us laugh.

"Give her back though." Farleigh said and I kissed him.

"I don't plan on going far." I said to him and I got off his lap. Standing up and walking with Beth.

"I wish you two would just get a room." Beth said and I looked at her with a smile.

"I wish so too. Now, next year you are coming to mine." I said to her as we started filling our cups up. I'd love for her to stay at mine. It might make home feel a bit easier.

"I'd love that. Oh, Felix. Hi, how are you? She asked him as we saw him. She hugged him and I hugged him too.

"Are you enjoying the party so far?" He asked her and they just kept talking. They probably wouldn't even notice if I slipped away. And they didn't. They never even looked back when they both left together. I'd made my way back to Farleigh. I saw a smirk appear on his face.

"You didn't take too long." He said to me and I knew he was secretly glad about that. He wanted me to himself. And I wasn't one to complain over that.

"No, I was thinking we could get out of here. Find a room." I said to him and he stood up. I could tell that he was fully on board with this whole idea.

"I was hoping you'd say that sooner." He said to me and that's when he picked me up. Carrying me out while I was just laughing. We may not have danced a lot but we danced with the shadows in the night. No one would've believed that in the morning. Our lives would be turned upside down.