17. Confronting Oliver

Before I turned in for the night. I had something I wanted to do. Probably one of the most dangerous things. I went to Oliver's room. Knocking on his door before he answered. "Y/n, to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked me with a smile. That creepy smile. The one that would haunt my nightmares. I'd never wanted to see it again.

"The truth. I know why you're really here." I said as I went into his room. How I wish that Felix would be able hear from his room. But I bet he'd have some selective hearing at this time

"And what would that be. I'm just enjoying my summer here like you do. Every year." He said to me and I looked at him shaking my head.

"But there's a difference between us. You see Ollie, I get to come here every year because I'm wanted here. Always have been. But you, you're different. You don't really like them. You got rid of Farleigh. Now it's just them and me. But you'd never do anything to me. I'm not apart of this." I said to him and that's when he started to clap. A slow clap. Like he'd been waiting for me to find out.

"That was a good attempt at trying to make something up. But we all know the truth don't we. And that it was Farleigh that did that to himself. I don't know what he's been telling you but it's not the truth." He said and that's when he'd started to walk around the room. I no longer felt safe here. I wanted to get out of here. I started to slowly back away.

"Farleigh would never do something like that. Everyone knows that." I said to him and he looked at me. He wasn't happy with this at all.

"And I'm capable of this kind of thing. What makes you think that?" He asked me and I looked t him. How I had a million reasons as to why I knew it was him. But I had to keep calm. Who knew what he'd try and do to me. Probably kill me. That would be the most responsible thing to do. Take out the problem.

"Because you're sly. You acted hopeless around Felix and made up lies for him to trust you. And that may work on him but it doesn't work on me. God, the amount of people that have tried that on me. You get good a reading people like that. I know what you want. You want this place as your own. And how you'd walk to the end of the earth just to get it." I said to him and I saw a smile appear on his face.

"And what makes you think I lied to him. Felix trusted me on his own accorded. He's the one that invited me here." He said to me and I shook my head. He was trying to play some fucking mind games with me and I knew why. He wanted to change my thoughts.

"He may have been the one to invite you here. But you've been the one trying to gain his trust. This is what you wanted. A seat with the people like us. To claim our status as you're own. And I do have to give you a round of applause. You fooled me at the beginning at the pub and a few other times. I should've believed what everyone said about you. God, how it was only until you came here. That's when I truly started seeing you for who you were. A jealous, stubborn, sick twisted man." I said to him and he knew that my thoughts would never change over him. That they were permanently staying this way and never changing.

"Listen, you may have caught me out. But know I that you know. I know where you sleep Y/n. I probably wouldn't have said anything. It might've been a bit safer that way. But at least I know what Farleigh could see in you. You and him are so alike. He knew as well." I said to him and I knew that this was the reason that Farleigh was no longer here.

"I knew it. I knew you'd done something to him." I said to him and he looked at me and I grabbed the door handle.

"Such a shame that no one will ever believe you though." He said yo me and that's when I left. Heading straight for my room. Running in a way. Once I'd reached my room that was when I put a chair up against the door before locking it. There was no way I wanted him coming in the night. I then locked the door to the bathroom. Before closing the windows. I really didn't want anyone getting into this room. I was an open target.