12. Karaoke

It was time for my least favourite times. The karaoke phase of everything. Now to some people they'd love it. But to me. It was the time as to when my father would sing karaoke. And with one of his friends. They'd both be dancing whilst singing terribly. And of course the song they'd choose to sing was Low by Flo Rida. How I hope to never hear that sing ever again after this. 'Let me talk to 'em let me talk to 'em let it rain let me talk to 'em shawty had them apple bottom jeans boots with the fur the whole club was lookin' at her she hit the floor next thing you know shawty got low, low, low low, low, low' My father and Henry both sang together. And I hated having front row seats to it.

"I need therapy after this." I said as I leaned back on the sofa. Putting my head on Farleigh's shoulder. We'd had some talks throughout the night so far and it had been going well. Like how we used to be.

"I might have to go with you after this." He said to me and I smiled at him. That would sound like a better idea. Group therapy.

"All right, fuck this I'm gonna get a drink." Felix said and he started to stand up.

"I might need several." I said as I started to straighten out my dress as well.

"Yeah, me too." Vee said to the two of us as we all got up and started making our way to the drinks table.

"The Reeboks with the strap she turned around and gave that big boot a slap" Henry and my father both sang together. God this was just awful. I didn't know how poor Penelope was still wanting to be with him after all of this. And it only just got worse from there. I then got myself two drinks and walked over to Penelope.

"You look like you could use a drink with all of this going on. You need one." I said to her and I handed it to her.

"Trust me, I've never witnessed anything more embarrassing." She said to me as she took the drink. It was good to know that someone was seeing this the same way that I was.

"This is why we don't do karaoke at home. I don't know whether you noticed that. Mother banned it at the last dinner we had there." I said to her and she started laughing at that.

"I'm glad she did. Because this is too much." She said to me and I then walked away. Leaving her to join my friends.

"Shawty got low, low Low, low, low Oh!" Dad and Henry got out as Farleigh took the mic and had the book in his hand.

"Okay. Well done, Henry and Henry. That was great. Everyone, round of applause for the Henry's." Farleigh said and that's when everyone started to cheer. I wasn't one of those people. "Okay. Now it's time to take things up a notch. Er, okay, we have someone here who is a very talented singer. He's your best friend, and mine. Oliver Quick." Farleigh said and he pointed at Oliver. Well this would be interesting.

"Oliver!" James shouted and Farleigh went over to him.

"Come on, up you get. Yes, yes, don't be shy." Farleigh said to him as she started to pull him up.

"I don't even know the song." I heard Oliver say as Farleigh dragged him up and over to the screen. I started to smoke a cigarette and watch the scene unfold.

"The words are on the screen, Oliver. That's the best but. That's the best bit!" James said and that's when Oliver started singing. Well attempting to at least. Farleigh started walking over to where me, Felix and Vee was. Me and him then started dancing together.

"You dress me up I'm your puppet you buy me things I love it you bring me food I need it you give me love I feed it and look at the two of us in sympathy with everything we see I never want anything it's easy you buy whatever I need but look at my hopes look at my dreams the currency we've spent" he sang and it got silent as the next words I appeared on the screen it was true for him. "I love you you pay my rent" Oliver sang the line. That was when Farleigh whooped from beside me.

"You tell them!" Farleigh shouted making me smile even more. He picked this song to show what he thought of Oliver. And it worked.

"Farleigh." Felix said to him, he wasn't impressed by this.

"What?" Farleigh turned to look at him.

"This is your song as well, Farleigh. Come finish it." Oliver said to him, that's when Farleigh took his arm back from being around me. He then started on his way over there.

"Only is you insist." He said and he took the mic from Oliver. "You took me to a restaurant off Broadway to show me who you..." He sang before he went in with the rest of the song. I'd never felt more in love with but I knew that could be a risky thing at this time. But for now. I watched and danced in admiration of him. Not knowing what our next conversation would lead to.