10. Talking With Felix

When it reached the next morning I'd never felt more lonely. Especially since Farleigh hadn't spoken to me at all during breakfast. This was making it more harder for me. I was just wanting him to talk to me. Whether he was going to hate me or whether he was wanting to talk with me. As I was walking around the house I heard two voices arguing. I knew who they were immediately. It was Farleigh and Felix. It wasn't long until door opened and Farleigh came out just walking past not even taking a glance at me. I then saw Felix was still there. "He knows about last summer." Felix said to me and I looked at him.

"I know, Vee told him." I said to him and he shook his head.

"I knew she would. It's all because of fucking Oliver." Felix said to me and that was the case. Since he'd been here she'd been acting out again. Like she had when Eddie was here.

"I knew as well. She never wanted to see me happy with Farleigh ever since I got here. She's been waiting for her moment." I said to him and he shook his head. Like he knew this would all come out eventually.

"How are you and Farleigh? He wouldn't talk about it." He said to me and I shook my head.

"I wish I knew. He hasn't spoken to me since yesterday. I don't know how he's feeling. What makes it worse was he said he loved me but now. Now he probably doesn't. He probably hates me." I said to Felix and he looked at me. I could see that he was feeling bad and like he was the cause of all of this.

"I feel awful about this. I wish there was something I could do." He said to me and I knew he would but there would be nothing he could do.

"Let's move on from that. He seemed angered when he came out. Is everything okay with him?" I asked him and he looked at me. Hopefully there was something that he could tell me. I could try and help but I knew that he'd never want my help. When not at this moment.

"His mum is having financial problems. He was asking me to help him. He didn't want to talk to my father about it. Instead he came to me with the begging bowl." He said and I looked at him. I had no idea about it. Farleigh never really spoke about the situation that his mum was in.

"He's never told me any of this. He could've talked to me about this." I said to Felix. I would've helped him. I really would but he just needed to talk to me about all of this.

"And you would've helped him?" Felix asked me and I looked at him and nodded.

"Please, my mum was good friends with Frederica when they growing up. Always kept in contact. Mum would never have let her get into that state she would've sorted something out." I said to Felix. He looked at me and I saw a smile on his face.

"I only met Penelope a few times but you and her are so alike." Felix said to me making me smile, Penelope was my mothers name. She was someone that had too much money she wanted to help people. Of course my father didn't agree sometimes but she said if we're not using it we can give it to the people that truly need it. Frederica was one of those people. Especially since she'd been cut off from her own families money.

"My father always says that. But for now, I guess I just have to wait for Farleigh to come and talk to me. Which he won't let's face it." I said and that's when Felix came over and hugged me.

"He will. I know he will, he's a different person around you and I know that he won't stay mad forever. Well at you he won't stay mad. He'll always be mad at me. Even if he doesn't show it." He said to me and with that it gave me hope. Hope that I would be forgiven. Well at some point he couldn't just ignore me forever and I knew it. Especially with the dinner tonight. He'd be seated beside me. Forcing us to talk to each other. Most likely Elspeth's decision so hopefully it would work.

"Now, I should probably go and see what I should wear for dinner tonight. I will see you later." I said to Felix and he let go of me. He knew how much planning I had to do in advance. But I also just needed to think about a few times.

"I guess I'll see you at dinner." He said to me. I nodded at him. It was a big house. Who knew when we'd see each other next other than dinner. But before I could go back to my room. I went up to the roof. Just sitting up there on the small patio and thinking about some things. I'd have to face my father tonight along with Alice and I wasn't prepared to see them. Not at all.