13. Forgiven

After we'd all said our goodbyes to the everyone. Especially me with my father who was annoyed he hadn't gotten the chance to talk to me tonight. I didn't mind that, I wasn't really to keen on seeing him that much. I think everyone knew that really. Especially since I never even made an effort to look at him. Apart from when it was the karaoke time. But at the table. I never even looked at him. Only whoever was in front of me and then Farleigh and Penelope. "Y/n, that talk. You ready?" He asked me and I looked at him. I'd try to be ready but I don't think I ever would be.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I said to him and he took my hand. I take it we weren't going to be having our conversation in the library. I mean it wasn't very secluded.

"I'm glad you said that." He said to me and we started walking before we went outside. Where the small seating area was around the small pool.

"So, what are we talking about because I'd really love to know." I said to him as I sat on the lounger. He then looked at me before looking away.

"About the thing." He said to me but there was no anger anymore. I couldn't read his tone. Which was strange, usually I could read him.

"What about it?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"I've thought about it over the past day. And I believe you when you say that it never meant anything. I've never seen you really treat Felix any different. It's like it never happened. He gives you space and it's the same for you with him. Which is why I forgive you for not telling me. I get it. It meant nothing, you pushed it away, made it distant. Now it's not a thing." He said to me and I was glad about that. But now I had no idea as to what that would mean for us. He never covered that part.

"I'm glad to hear that. But what does that mean for us?" I asked him and he looked at me with a smile. Taking my hands and holding them in his.

"I want us to still together. But I think we need to spend another night away from each other first. Then tomorrow I can have you back." He said to me and I looked at him with a smile. It was just one more night. One more night and then we'd be together. I'd just have to have one more sleep without him and then we would be okay.

"That sounds like a good thing. It's just one more night." I said to him and he kissed me. I smiled against it.

"Exactly and who knows. Maybe it'll make it all worth it in the end." He said to me and I knew that it would. Some people wouldn't recover from things like this. But there was Trust and an understanding with us. Where he could understand the things that meant nothing to me and the things that meant things to me. He knew he meant something to me so he believed me.

"I know it will be." I said to him with a smile and he kissed my hand.

"Now, let's get you back to your room. It's too cold for you to be out here." He said to me and he helped me to stand up and I looked at him with a smile.

"Please do, it's freezing out here." He said to me and he smiled at me.

"If I had my jacket I would've given it to you. But I'm pretty sure that you have it hidden somewhere." He said to me as he wrapped his arm around me and I smiled at him. I did, it was hanging up in my wardrobe.

"I do but you'll never get it back." I said to him and he smiled at me. We then headed back inside and he walked me up to my room.

"I will see you in the morning. I'll help move your stuff back." He said to me and I looked at him with a smile. Before I kissed him again.

"Thank you and I will see you in the morning. Get some rest." I said to him and he looked at me and shook my head.

"I should be the one saying that to you." He said to me and I smiled at him.

"I love you, Farleigh." I said to him and he looked at me.

"I love you too, Y/n." He said to me and then he walked away. I closed the door behind him. Now it was just me. Alone for the night. I could do it. It was only a night away. I used my shared bathroom with Venetia and thankfully she wasn't there. Once I'd freshened up and changed. I then got into bed. But nothing I did made me fall asleep. Not reading. And not even rolling around. But thankfully this would be the end of these sleepless nights. Well hopefully. I couldn't bare this anymore.