9. Truth Be Told

After breakfast I went to go and talk to Vee. To clear things up with her but that's when I saw her with Farleigh. He sounded angry. And I knew exactly what she was telling him. That's when I saw him walk out and I hid around the corner. I then I went to talk to her. "Hey, what did you just tell him?" I asked her, I could feel that our friendship was teetering. Especially with everything that had happened so far.

"I told him the truth." She said to me and I looked at her. I knew what that would be. She wouldn't have but I knew she did. This was her way of getting her own back about what had been told to Felix.

"Why would you do that? You know that what happened would never get talked about again. But still you bring it up." I said to her and she looked at me. A smile on her face.

"If it meant nothing then why do you still think about it?" She asked me but I hadn't. She was the one that had brought it up in the first place. The first time we were heading for dinner this summer.

"Apart from I wasn't, it was distant. Something to never think about again but yet you brought it up. It had been nearly a year, and you still thought it mattered." I said to her and she sat on the table that was in the room. I could tell that she was thinking about something.

"Oh, really. Well maybe it was time for it to be mentioned again. Especially since the both of you are in the same house. Halls away." She said and now she was trying to twist this into something else.

"Vee, if you think that something has been happening it hasn't. Listen, I would never do that to Farleigh. You know that." I said to her and she looked at me. Like she didn't believe me.

"If you say so." She said to me and I looked at her. Now she needed to listen. I had things I had to say to her.

"Listen the only reason we told Felix was because of one thing. Oliver doesn't belong here. You should know that. None of us really know the guy but yet you've allowed him into your home. And you're doing who knows what with him. Tread lightly who knows what he's capable of." I said to her and she looked at me.

"I could've said the same about you when you came here the first time. Yet I didn't, Farleigh and Felix were so fond of you. I just grew to like you but it's a bit hard to at this moment." She said to me and I just walked away. I couldn't deal to be in this conversation any longer. I had to clean up this mess between Farleigh and I. The thing which could make or break us. I went up to what would most likely be only his room.

"Farleigh, Farleigh. Please tell me your here." I said as I opened the door looking around and he wasn't. I then went to look in the library and there he was. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"Is it true? Is it true what Venetia told me." He said to me and I didn't know what to say. I looked the door. There was no way I was going to let anyone come in here during this.

"Just hear me out- -" I started and he cut me off. I should've just told him but of course things like that never go down well.

"Just answer it, yes or no." He said to me and I looked at the ground and then back at him.

"Yes, but it was an accident. It meant nothing to either of us." I said to him and he looked at me.

"Then why didn't you think to tell me." He said to me and I could hear the anger still in his tone. I was definitely sleeping in my own room tonight.

"Because it meant nothing. It's not like me and him ever mentioned it again. We were drunk." I said to him and he looked at me. Less than 48 hours he told me he loved me and now he looked like he wanted to find a way to hate me but he couldn't.

"I think I just need some time." He said to me and I looked at him with a nod.

"That's fine but I'm sorry. Okay, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. If you hate me that's okay. But I love you." I said and I walked over to him. Kissing him but I could tell that he just wanted to be left alone. I couldn't believe the mess that this had caused maybe I deserved it all. I then left the room. Leaving him there in silence. I guess the truth would come out eventually but not now. It was too early for this to happen.