Chapter 1: Who's knocking?

Diana's peaceful nights in her countryside house were often interrupted by disturbing knocks on her door.

And she never failed to check on its source, only to find herself alone. But that didn't stopped her, she informed the police about the issue, which they couldn't get any trace of her "imagination's stalker" as they came to dub the case, afterwards.

"Am I paranoid?" Is what she doubted then.

But tonight, things take a turn for the worse. The air hangs heavy with an eerie stillness as the moon casts a pale glow, creating a long shadows that dances across the countryside. The atmosphere is thick with anticipation, as if the night itself holds its breath, waiting to reveal the source of the unsettling knocks.

Then and there, Diana's dream abruptly shattered as she jolted awake by a distinct knock, resonating on the door of her very own bedroom.

Bedroom.

Her eyes flutter open, filled with doubt as she questions whether this is merely a haunting nightmare that has turned into reality?

Shattering her thoughts with a thunderous bang on the door, the sound grows increasingly aggressive, reverberating through the air with vivid intensity. It becomes impossible for Diana to ignore, demanding her immediate attention and stirring a mix of fear and curiosity within her as a loud threatening gasp, escaped her trembling lips.

"G-God!" Her thoughts become consumed by a growing swell of negativity, each idea of what might be expected next only adding to her unease.

For the intensity of the moment engulfs her, making it impossible to even fathom a logical course of action.

The intruder, on the otherside, continued battering the defenseless door, willing to break it apart.

Feeling a surge of adrenaline, Diana's instincts kick in, propelling her towards the window with urgency. Without hesitation, she reaches for the telephone and dials the emergency number, her voice trembling as she informs the police about the dire situation unfolding before her.

On the other end of the spectrum, the intruder abruptly ceased their actions. A deafening silence enveloped the room, leaving Diana on edge. Not a single sound could be heard, intensifying the tension in the air. The sudden stillness only deepened the mystery, leaving Diana to wonder what the intruder's next move would be.

Absolute silence.

Diana let out a shaky sigh, her breath quivering as beads of sweat formed on her forehead. Her eyes darted around the room, desperately searching for any object that could serve as a means of self-defense.

Panic surged through her veins, fueling her determination to find something, anything, that could give her an advantage over the situation.

BANG!!!

Diana's scream pierced the air, reverberating with raw intensity as she lost her footing, stumbling against the wall.

With an earth-shattering crash, the door crumbled beneath the force, collapsing flat to the floor. The sound reverberated through the room, sending shockwaves of dread down Diana's spine.

And in that moment, her gaze fixated on the silhouette of a towering figure. A tall, muscular man, dressed in a sharp suit stood in the doorway, his presence commanding dominance.

"W-who are you?" She asked, voice laced with fear and nervousness.

He then slowly advanced towards her, a menacing glint reflected off the blade he held in his hand. The sight of the life-threatening weapon sent a thunder-bolt down Diana's spine as her breath caught in her throat.