Chapter 17: Vengeance

A sharp gasp escaped from Diana's lips, gushing her wide awake from a nightmare.

She stares at the wall vacantly, while being covered in a cold sweats, forming on her delicate skin as she tries to pace down her breathings, placing her hand on her chest to feel herself grounded.

The terrifying nightmare left her drenched in sweats, which indicated a glimpse about Charles and Jonathan.

Uncertain silence took a place.

Diana takes a glass-full of cold water, gulping it thoroughly within the first attempt.

She sighed heavily as she shifted the blanket off her, and quickly checked the time on the clock.

Time: 4:11

"Oh my goodness.." She let out a soft whisper, the fear slowly fading away as a sense of relief washed over her.

A cold shower is a must need at the moment, which she followed to do, afterwards.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

The couriers transported Sarah's belongings from her apartment to Diana's house. The huge articles such as furnitures were decided to be stored in the basement, for it won't be of any use.

Sarah walked into the basement after the staff took their leave, to check on her furnitures and stuff.

She noticed how the basement cached weird stuffs, which Sarah didn't knew, Diana would store.

A tiny little voodoo-like dolls, each with a specific tag, named after real-life individuals. The scented liveless roses, resting in a broken decorative pots and the unsent letters, narrating about destinations, Diana didn't traveled or at least, didn't informed Sarah about.

"Weird..." Sarah thought, but considered not to get herself involved in Diana's personal belongings, for there is even her locked diaries and additional stuff.

"What are you doin' here, Sarah?" Diana asked, for she least expected Sarah, to be in the basement.

"Oh, well... Nothing." Sarah replied quickly, assuming Diana didn't liked the idea of her being here.

"Mmm~" Diana simply hummed, looking at her own basement as if it's her first time, it's certainly is for she didn't pay it a visit in a long time now.

"Well, I came here just to check on my furnitures, that's all..." Sarah added, rubbing her nape slightly.

The said of Sarah went above Diana's mind, for Diana cared less about seeing Sarah here, in the basement.

"You know, the last time I visited this spot in my house, was long ago for I don't even recall it when..." Diana sighed.

An uncertain stare of Sarah's eyes traveled at Diana.

"Well, whom does these little cute dolls represent?" Sarah asked, sounding as ever neutral.

Diana walked over to the table, picking one of them to have a better look, "Maria." Diana reads its tag, raising one of her eyebrows, "hmmm..."

Sarah continued looking at Diana, waiting for her to comment.

Diana clung on the purpose of the little doll, having a gut feeling about it that its not just a play doll, obviously.

Silence.

"Ohhh~" Diana recognized, who Maria is.

"Well, Maria was my colleague in Universty of St Andrews, but she was quite egoistic person, inspired by her family's status."