Chapter 19: Internal Conflict

Diana woke up as the sun rays highlights her eyelids, making her groan uncomfortably, then quickly shifting her gaze to the otherside of the bed, looking for Charles, but failed to find him anywhere.

"Oh, god..." She exhales a heavy breath, sending her eyes to read the clock.

Time: 10:54 a.m.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

Diana and Sarah met at the kitchen, Sarah summoned to make herself a coffee while Diana did, to make herself a late-breakfast. "Too late, innit?" Sarah asks Diana, while both of them works on finishing their said activity.

"Why does that count?" Diana replied, pouring down a steaming water into her raw coffee.

Sarah sighs, turning to face Diana, whom is now seated at the table of her breakfast. And there, Sarah spotted a love-bite on Diana's neck, but isn't surprised at all, for she overheard Diana's hard time last night.

"Diana?"

"Yes?"

"The mark on your neck, what's with it?" Sarah knew exactly what it is, for she isn't a child, moreso of having a fiancé ― then, a boyfriend.

But what surprised Sarah is how Diana reacted nonchalantly, she didn't hesitated, instead, she felt utterly proud of her― alternative ―self.

"Oh, you mean the love-bite?" Diana tilted her head innocently, gazing into Sarah's eyes while revealing more of the area.

Sarah nodded in a firm manner, while not breaking the fiercing eye-contact, held with Diana.

"Well, it is that, I've a midnight guest, who pays me a regular visits." Diana takes a bite of her grilled cheese sandwich, "his name is, Charles." She emphasized his name purposefully, shooting a daring wink at Sarah.

Sarah gulped an immediate nervousness lump, "It's not possible, and if it's true, then is he... a real person?" Sarah is absolutely startled, her scattering thoughts clouds over the sight of her rationality.

A triumph grin plasters on Diana's proudful expression, while enjoying her breakfast. Considering not to inspire this conversation any further, Sarah grabbed her coffee, heading towards the exit.

"Sarah, listen!" Diana calls out impatiently.

Sarah stopped amid-way, shifting towards Diana, "Yes?"

"Well, I just wanted to apologize for disturbing you last night, for we will make sure to be careful next time." Diana sent her a small assuring smile, as she intentionally requested forgiveness on behalf of both, her and Charles.

Sarah exchanged the smile without answering, then quickly disappeared from the view of Diana's sight, for she felt overhwhelmed merely with what Diana fed her, not yet processed mind.

Diana mentally thanked Charles for painting a love-mark on her displaying area, to emphasize his existence and to convey her sanity to those who consider the otherwise.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

The door swung opens, as James Hewitt walks in, holding whiskey's flute. "I need her." He spoke in a firm tone.

"Would that make her leave the world, running to you? You should earn her, Mr. Hewitt." Klaus insisted, crossing his legs as he takes a wholly drag of Malboro red, fogging his lungs.