Chapter 12: Heal Me

It's been a whole week and a half already, since Diana is suffering from the consequences of the un-timing accident. She's paranoid about it and is frequently haunted by the traumatizing night in her sleeping or whenever she closes her tranquil ocean eyes, carrying the saltiness of her emotions.

It's past midnight, the clouds sways coldy high above in the British sky. The wafting icyness of the wind whispers to the trees, rustling them gently onto one another.

Diana lies there, in the single bed, surrounded by the echoes of the medical equipments, monitoring her health.

The intravenous drips flows the fluid medications through her veins, hydrating energy into her whole being.

The leveling of the respitory rates seems to fluctuates, indicating an abnormality in her oxygen measurement.

Her slender fingers flinches, her hand stiffened, "Ah.." A soft echo of her exhausted voice escapes her lips, while inhaling oxygen through its mask.

The traumatising memory of the accident excruciates through her mind, flashing before her thought's vision.

Screeeeech!

Diana shifts uncomfortably in the bed, while slightly sweating as she squeezes her eyes, tightening her eyebrows as a response of her escapism from the un-ending nightmare.

CRASH!

Diana took a sudden, sharp gasp, stirring up from her agonizing flashbacks, breathing in short capacity.

Aggressively, she pulled out the oxygen mask, while feeling slightly dizzy.

Instinctively, she observes her surroundings, only to find herself alone in the moonlit hospital room.

The anxiety begin to take over her, she tried to call out for help but instead, she choked, feeling suffocated.

The sharp screeching of the burning wheels wanders in her mind as the possibility of escaping that frightening night, isn't seeble.

Diana curled up in the bed, hugging her legs against her chest, seeking for alternative thoughts so she could escape her reality.

The intravenous cords flexibly aligns with her body movements, getting no distraction in its flow, from her recklessness.

The harrowing thought of the sturdy tree, hidden within the fogginess of the forest's lightless roadside, moment before she lost herself crashing into it, makes her weak to her knees threateningly.

"Please!!" She squeezes her eyes shut as she bites her lower arm so harshly, marking trails of her teeth on it.

The wailing of the traumatized young lady, despairs through the thick hopeless air.

She pressed her forehead against her knees while covering the back of her head with her arms around it tightly.

"My― God!" Her voice resonates, stemming up her throat, echoing in the hushed room.

Her lips trembles, her eyes swells up with the overflowing tears, the blaring horns of the intruder's car still haunts her to this very moment.

The gentle breeze rustles in the room, moving through her being, making her shudder in absolute fear.

She tightly grabs hold of her blonde hair from behind, as if trying to keep herself grounded while her face is buried on her own knees. Terribly urging, to forget it all. ALL!

Silence of despair.

A hand rubbed her lower back, as soft as whisper of a mindnight breeze. Diana jolted in the least expectation to the uninvited presence.