Chapter 10: The Suspect

Diana laid on the hospital bed, surrounded by the doctors and nurses. The room is filled with the sound of medical equipment beeping.

Diana breaths heavily, with the help of oxygen's mask. She's losing her conciousness, breath by breath. While hearing the staff mumbling hurriedly, emphasizing the urgency of the situation, she's in.

Their voices turns into a fading whispers, while the lights blurs out tearfully as her eyes are sightlessly wet.

Her blood pressure drops while her heart beats accelerated.

Panting heavily.

The beeping is the only sound, that echoes in her hearings, and everything else disappeared into a wordless sounds.

Silence.

"Diana.." She heard Charles's lowered voice.

Her eyes flickers weakly, trickling the tears down her face.

The source of his voice wasn't from the surroundings, but from within her. As if somehow he is inside of her.

Diana's chapped lips trembles.

"Ch...charles.." She whispers breathlessly.

"Don't lose hope, Darling..." His strained voice is filled with determination, and is a thought in her mind.

"You're stronger than you think." He assured her.

"I―" She gasps in pain.

"Diana...?" His voice echoes.

Her blue eyes, closed.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

"Fortunately, she wore a seat-belt, hence, there wasn't any damages to her brain. But, she is suffering physically, with severe injuries." The doctor informed Jane Spencer and Sarah Fergie."

Sarah felt numb and collapsed into tears, sitting unconsciously.

Jane squeezed Sarah's shoulder, sending her comfort with all what she can offer now.

"How is her condition now?" Jane asked tearfully as her voice hoarsed.

"She's in ICU, we will consider the process further, after she recovers from her physical injuries."

Jane nodded.

"Can we get to see her?" Sarah asked delicately.

"Yes you may, but only one person, at a time." He clarified.

Sarah quickly stood up while her legs are slightly quivering, "I will," she insisted, earning Jane's permission, Sarah headed to Diana's room.

After a while.

Jane stood there, weeping silently but got snatched out of her trance, as soon as she heard the unfamiliar voice, questioning her.

James Hewitt rushed in, "How is Diana??" He asked breathlessly worried.

"What really happened to her?" He continued asking anxiously.

"She got involved in a car crash." Jane replied, crying.

His eyes widened in disbelief.

Jane releases a deep breath.

James's shoulders drops, while holding a white roses's bouquet.

"There isn't any clarification about how she got involved in the crash, yet. But it is possibly because of brake failure."

James rubs his temples as his mind races with alot of questions.

"The investigation about the accident is still undergoing." Jane added while wiping the tears away.

He sighs heavily while closing his eyes shut. "Why god..." He whispers while gripping his hair, pacing back and forth.

Sarah returned from Diana's room and continued on her way out of the ward, as all she wants is some isolation right now.

James turned to look at Diana's sister, "May I've the permission, to get to see... your sister?" He asks quite nervously but his voice quivers in anticipation of yes.

Jane looked at him, "Well, respectfully, may I know who you are?" She asks politely.

"My name is James, and I'm.. a friend of Diana.." He addressed while clutching the bouquets's hilt.

Silence.

"I'm sorry..." She replied, avoiding his gaze as she left to see her younger sister.

James fisted the wall so hard, harming his knuckles while breathing shakily.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

"She was being chased by unknown vehicle, leding her to lose the control over the brake and crash into a tree." Says the investigator.

"Yet, we don't know who was the intruder."

"I assume it might be Jonathan Taylor." James Hewitt insisted.

"Jonathan Taylor?"

"Yes, he is Diana's ex-boss, which I highly doubt, it might be him, for how he treated her the exact same day." James stated firmly.

"Tell us more about it?"

James explained what he witnessed that day, between Jonathan and Diana, which then he interrupted, and forced Jonathan to leave.