Chapter 18: The Harmony of Lovers

"Diana," Sarah walked into her bedroom after Diana granted her permission.

"Mmm~"

"That guy, Jonathan... he is missing from the prison." Sarah informed.

Diana's eyes twitched, "Some said he escaped, while the others said he was kidnapped, for his blood was all over the wall." Sarah added.

Diana swallowed nervously hard, Sarah assumes that Diana is triggered for she's traumatized because of Jonathan, for what he caused her through; but factually, Diana recalled the nightmare she had last night about Charles snatching Jonathan from the clutches of the prison, in a gruesome way.

"It's― well... it's alright, he can't do anything, dear Duch." Sarah tries to console Diana and make the matter sound as harmless as possible.

"I- I'm not worried about him escaping from the prison or otherwise, but about the disturbing dream, I had last night." Diana elaborated while stuttering slightly.

"Oh, what was it about?"

"Exactly about what you just informed..."

"You mean, about Jonathan?"

"Yes..."

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

Diana nestles in the bed, resting against the headboard while reading a novel, to distract herself into a new reality.

While it's raining heavily, the curtains dances as Diana willingly set the window gates open, so the breeze can rekindle life into her draining soul.

The steaming brewed coffee, with its natural-scented aroma whirls in the icy air, creating perfect-match with the London's weather while she's snuggling in a cozy blanket.

Peaceful silence.

Diana savours a tasteful sip of her creamy coffee, completely engaged in the captivating plot of her book.

"Darling~" She instinctively glanced according to the given direction of the familiar voice's source, right in the front of her bed.

"Charles~" She delightfully utters his name, admiring him, but her fondful gaze didn't lasted long and washed off quickly when she recalled the nightmare.

Charles grins with satisfaction as he playfully nestles himself under the blanket, finding a cozy spot between her legs. Resting his head gently on her tummy, feeling a sense of warmth and closeness.

Diana inhales deeply, her heart racing against her chest just as Charles wraps his strong arms around her hips, pulling her closer into his horizontal embrace.

"What's the genre of the novel?" He asked comfortably.

Diana shifts her thoughts aside, moment before paying him a response.

"Romance." Her soft voice carries the answer in a huskiness tone.

The corner of his lips tugged into a smirk, "so, does that mean―

―not for sure." Diana replied, silencing him.

"Oh, darling, come on..." Charles spoke, caressing the side of her thigh with one of his hands that was wrapped around her, moment earlier.

She tangled her slender fingers in his hair, caressing his scalp gently. "Charles..." She placed the book on the table, beside the soft-lighted lamp.