Chapter 21: Unexpected Betrayal

Time: 4:56 p.m.

As the sun's rays filled the room, Diana found herself lying in bed, gazing at the ceiling, lost in the thoughts of last night's scenario, when Charles ordered that she must seek revenge, seemed overwhelming to her. She couldn't fathom how she could possibly carry out such. It weighed heavily on her being, leaving her feeling uncertain and unsure of what to do next for a 'revenge' is beyond her capability.

For he made a strong effort to convey certain urge to her willing, she's is pondering over it while trying to understand the rational intentions behind Charles' strictness, for it have had an impact on her.

Diana takes a deep sigh, filling the stems of her demanding lungs.

She feels a deep sense of hesitation when it comes to seeking revenge, and that hesitation stems from her love and concern for her sister, Jane. She doesn't want anyone, especially their father, to view Jane differently or believe the negative things that might be said about Diana, for Jane always said the otherwise about her younger sister. Despite having the whole right to seek revenge, Diana is torn because she knows it could have unintended consequences for those she cares about.

"I don't want anyone daring to point at my sister on my matter, for she fought just as hard as I did, so they can understand that they are the ones in charge of blame and not I." Diana wipes away her tears with both of her hands while sniffling as she settles on the edge of her bed.

"But things will only get worse if I won't justify any matter in my own right." Diana roses up, placing both of her hands on her hips while throwing her head back as she exhales a deep breath.

And there, a gentle knocking on the bedroom door pulled her out of thr knotted thoughts.

For a moment, Diana just blank-stared at the door and then realized that she needs to speak to proceed the action of the latter person.

"C-come in." Diana ordered.

The door opened, revealing Sarah at its frame, "Hey," Sarah greets as she walks in.

"Hello..." Diana answers while settling down on the couch where as Sarah, she sat on the side of the bed.

"Diana, I wanted to tell you something, which I assumed I would tell you after you question it, but surprisingly you didn't."

"Question you? What is it about?" Diana leans slightly forward, clasping both of her hands and resting her chin on them as she looks at her friend.

"Well, it is that, I thought you would ask why I didn't resided with my fiancé or why he isn't helping me financially, whatever." Sarah breathed.

Diana raises her eyebrows, "Oh, I see. well, actually I preferred you to be with me, so I didn't bother any excuse to question you or moreso embarrass you by any mean..." Diana leaned back into the couch, comfortably.

Sarah smiles, sending her gaze down at her own hands as she cracks her knuckles in nervousness.

"Ease yourself, what's with it though?" Diana starts, noticing how unfitting Sarah's bodu language grows.

"Nothing really, but it is that, that I will travel to Italy the next month, for I will live with Andrew and even planning to marry there." Sarah explains, lacking courage.

"So therefore, for the temporary time I decided to live here with you which is a even an excuse to spend time with you, for nobody knows when we will see each other in the coming future." Sarah felt a sense of vulnerability clouds her expression.

"W-wait, wait, wait..." Diana blinks consecutively, processing what she just heard.

"What you just said? You will reside in Italy like forever?" Diana sounded genuinenly sad and disappointed.