Chapter 20: Broken Memories

Five years previous...

Diana examines her mirrored exhausted self, for it's another day of going back to the emotionally-torturing place which is officially called St Andrews University.

But a nth day after all the effort she's been encouraging herself into moving on from the un-timed breakup, for it's even harder for her to see her ex, once was her dearly beloved young man, now dating someone who treated her ever so badly.

It's far away so unforgivable.

Unfortunately, there is no base strength for Diana to ask help from her family, because it always ends in a threatening blames, refusing to support her no matter what, and doesn't gets involve whenever she's the subject of an issue.

"Why are my parents mistreating me? Is it only because I was born a girl, and not a boy? Was that even my choice or was it written in my fate? Doubtlessly the latter."

Diana puts on her uniform, dressing her golden-ish hair in a layering waves of volumes, so it can be of help for her to escape a sight beneath her locks, it's a safe blanket for her when she steps out of her comfort ― her house. Well, more like her own very bed.

"I'm never enough." Is what Diana is convinced about, that's how her surroundings builded her mindset. Except for her sister Jane, she's the only person who genuinely cares about Diana, and wants to see her youngest sister's essence, filled with pure joy and happiness.

Where it comes to her older sister, Sarah, she's married, therefore, it's not an everyday sight for them to see her around. So she's excluded from Diana's mind quiet long ago. Also, it's not like Diana doesn't care about Sarah, but she doesn't count on her either, not in any situation. For Diana surely knows that Sarah won't be capable of any solution to her problem, purely because Diana's problem is her own parents, vice versa.

The problem was and infact is, that her parents always considered Diana as the cause that encouraged the spouses to fill a divorce and lead a seperate lives. Although Diana was only an infant, her fault was being born a girl and not the anticipated baby boy.

Diana takes a deep breath, trying to push those overwhelming thoughts aside and heads off to the university.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

St Andrews University

Diana enters the campus area, strolling inside nonchalantly, showing no interest of greeting of even sparing a brief eye-contact with anyone out here. While on the way, she heads to the lockers area.

Diana located her stuff inside her locker before locking it and making her way to the 'Female' bathroom. And there, Violet ― best friend of whom Diana hates the most, Maria's ― leaned on her own holder, trying to catch Diana's attention, but on the otherside.

Diana noticed how Violet is seeking for her in every corner she goes, but Diana cared less about her existence.

Yet, Violet didn't seem to accept the fact that Diana is ignoring her, she pursued her to the bathroom.

As soon as Diana gets out of the stall, her gaze directly met Violet's, as she's leaning her back against the countertop.

"Hey, cowardly girl, there's no need to avoid me." Violet taunted.