Chapter 3: The Unseen Misery

It's been two nights since Diana went missing, Christopher and Angelica are deadly concerned about her.

Sarah ferguson, Diana's best friend is almost about to lose her mind and is always in contact with Diana's neighbours and every person she ever known.

Christopher is sleeping, fair to be said peacefully, as he carried the past 48 hours with the fuel of naps, and always presentable in the police station.

Angelica stares outside the window while holding a cup of tea, it's raining heavily, pitter-pattering on their house's roof

The golden-reddish cozy hue of the streetlights is responsible for the guidance throughout the area.

The tall trees are frightening as the cold midnight breezes rustles through them.

A peaceful silence roams through the icy air.

Suddenly, Angelica got snapped out of her thoughts as she catched a glimpse of a familiar figure, walking down the roadside, almost about to emerge underneath the lightened area.

Angelica gasped loudly, "Diana!!' She exclaimed and rushed outside her room, down to the front door.

Without getting a chance to process, Christopher followed her instantly, from bed to the outdoor.

Angelica held an umbrella as she ran towards her, while on the otherside, Diana walks slowly as if any time she could collapse.

Her blond hair is quite frizzy while her clothes are wet and uncomfortably ruined. Her face has no emotions to express while her eyes left no tears to shed.

"What's wrong Diana??" Angelica asked concernly while guiding her inside their house, protected underneath the umbrella.

No response.

The sky thundered loudly, enlightening the whole landscape, followed by a cloudburst.

Christopher followed them and closed the door as soon as the ladies entered.

Anxiously, Diana licked her chapped lips while her cheeks has a trails of dried tears.

Gently, Christopher placed a glass of water for both of them.

"Chris, May we have a personal space, please?" His wife, Angelica asked him gently and he obeyed by giving them the time they need.

"What's wrong Dear?" She gently asked Diana, guiding her to the cozy beige couch, and settled down beside her.

"Please, drink some water."

Diana shook her head, No. While the edges of her lips curls downwards, resisting her sob.

Angelica sighed heavily and gave her a warm and tight hug, because that's what's she needed now.

Diana hugged her back tightly and begin to cry loudly, but her voice isn't clearly hearable as she covered her face into Angelica.

"It's okay sweetheart.." Angelica whispered while tapping Diana's upper-back.

It felt so safe, like a gesture of a mother, comforting you at your lowest.

"I-" Diana choked while crying.

"Shh.. easy yourself..."

"I don't want to live anymore!" She snatched herself back from Angelica while crying, and placed her head on her knees as she covered her face with her hands.

Diana's wailing echoes through the air, while Angelica sat there, listening to her pain.

"Tell me what happened Diana.."

Angelica assumes many things, but hopes nothing about them is true. Which is somehow impossible if telling by Diana's appearance.

Diana curled up in the couch, hugging her legs against her chest while sobbing.

Angleica placed her hand atop of Diana's shoulder. "Everything will be fine, Diana..." She assured the victim but her heart aches painfully for her.

Diana pushed her away and continued crying her heart out.

"Please don't leave me alone!" Diana cried while wavering in terror.

"Don't worry, I and Christopher will take a good care of you and will never leave you alone."

Diana's gaze instinctively glanced at the clock.

Time: 2:02 a.m.

"He's coming.." Her voice laced with fear.

"No one is coming, it's all alright. You must have some rest, Diana." Angelica assured her.

Diana breaths heavily while looking at the door, as if she is not paying attention to Angelica.

"I must go.." Diana whispered while flickering her eyes.

"Go?? Where?" Angelica asked confusedly.

"H..home..."

"Have you lost your mind?!"

"I surely did.. but I can't risk you both with me..." She spoke while not taking her eyes off the door, particularly the knob.

"Di-"

Knock. Knock. Knock.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Will they answer the door?