Chapter 15: The Undeniable Love

After what seemed like an endless wait, Diana finally joined the rest of the guests. It was worth the wait though.

She's dressed in a turquoise toned gown, changing her previous gown to a different one, for that was ruined because of the passionate moment, she savoured earlier.

After greeting almost all of the guests and exchanging kind words to one another, Diana's eyes met James Hewitt's longing gaze, who gifted her a beautiful bouquet of roses, just like the other men who came along.

"Thank you." Diana recieved the roses, smiling contently.

From what everyone can tell, Diana might appear as a bit nervous. But deep down, she's actually feeling self-consciously shy, longing for the comfort of her own bed. All alone.

"It's always so pleasant to meet you, Diana." James spoke pleasantly.

"Thank you, James. It's always nice to meet someone as kind as you." She replied softly, her lenses travels down at the roses.

James smiled irresistably.

"I can tell that you're feeling quite nervous, aren't you?" He spoke in a gentle and comforting tone.

Diana's gaze fixated on him, her cheeks blushes into a light shade of red. She appeared hesitant as her emotions visibly plays across her face.

"Well, I― yes, yes I'm..." She traced her finger along her eyebrow, plastering a smile to her expression.

"Well, it's alright..." He smiles, shifting his gaze down at his watch, resting around his left wrist.

Diana delicately pinched the fragile petal, causing it to crumble into tiny pieces into the bouquet.

James's eyes are attached to her little movements, admiring every tiny detail about her.

"So, how are you feeling now?" James broke the awkward silence.

"Much better." Diana replied.

James nodded contently.

"Mentally and physically." She added proudly.

"I'm glad to hear that." He confessed.

"What took you so long, Duch?" Sarah came along while twirling champagne in its flute.

"Oh, did I?" Diana exclaimed, betraying herself as the shyness displayed on her expression vividly.

Sarah threw a questioning look at her, raising her eyebrow, "We waited almost three hours, didn't we?" She transferred the question to James.

"Well, yes... but it was worth the wait." He dipped his head, chewing his lower lip to resist grinning, peaking his admirational gaze at her from toes to head.

Diana clenched her hold on the hilt of the bouquet, "Actually, I suffered a headache, so I took a quick nap to avoid fatigueness..." Diana urged to sound rational enough for them to believe.

"Mmm, we can tell." Sarah replied skeptically.

"Di―"

Just as James was about to speak, Jane's voice suddenly broke in, cutting him off.

"The dinner is served." Jane informed everyone, guiding them to the living room.

Despite Diana was feeling self-concious and tensed, everything went so simple, natural and seamlessly aligned with the positive energy alongside the genuine happiness. Cherishing the moment every now and then.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

Time: 10:18 p.m.