Chapter 8: Disappearance

It's been a few days since Diana had her first session with her psychologist, David Harris. Since then, she decided to return to her countryside home and determined to handle the situation by herself, but that person didn't appeared ever since.

Also, she informed Sarah about that person, that he's actually her alter ego, which bewildered both, Diana and Sarah about the whole situation and its build-up.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

The moonlit landscape curves with the shades of the un-discovered forest as her cerulean eyes rests on the tall silhouettes of the quivering trees, surrounded by her house.

The breeze moves by, creaking the open gates of the window, while the satiny curtains whispers around Diana's figure.

She gently gets a cigarette out of its packet ― Silk cut purple, and puts it in her mouth, loading the litter as she curls her fingers around the cigarette.

Click.

The orange hue plays on her skin while the trails of smoke leaves a lingering sense of loneliness.

Diana felt lightheaded the moment she inhaled the cigarette's smoke, laced with extreme dizziness.

It's her first time smoking.

Cough cough.

Sighs.

She inhales one more time, deeper than the earlier. And now, she felt as if she's above the clouds, in heaven, while having nothing to worry about, nothing to stress about as she's lost in the lasting moment of solace.

The headaches, the burdens and the intrusive thoughts finally sets her free.

The midnight dances of the winds wafts by her, triggering chills all over her body as she's wearing silk's nightdress.

"God..." She whispers softly while relaxing her eyes close.

Peaceful silence.

Abruptly, Diana felt someone is standing right behind her.

Is it him? She thought as she reveal her eyes, assuming who it might be.

While preparing herself, mentally and physically, for what's next.

Then and there, she sought a hand, crawling through hers, destined to reach the cigarette.

A silent gasp escapes her lips.

"Stop. Don't react." She mentally advised herself.

With his middle and index fingers, he gently takes the cigarette from her.

Diana inspires herself with a deep breath, moment before directing to face him.

As her azure eyes met his navy orbs, he slowly placed the cigarette, she smoked, between his lips, while not breaking the tension of their eye-contact.

He's dressed in absolute black, jacketless suit. Revealing his strong figure perfectly.

The smoky scent of the cigarette fills their lungs to its core.

Diana recalled how aggressive he was, how harshly he treated her. And that moment lives like a traumatising shade, in her existence.

Her lips breaks apart, but no word had the courage to emerge through them.

She couldn't speak. She felt like she couldn't.

"Shhh.. there's no need to say a word." He gently rubs her lower lip with his thumb. "Your eyes speaks eternity to me." He confessed.