💥 Chapter 4💥

NRC: hallway

You walked down the hallway, looking for the snack machine you saw earlier. You didn't really like the idea of leaving these idiots alone and you wanted to come back as soon as possible.
There was feeling like there are a pair of eyes watching you, but right now it doesn’t bother you much. People seem weak here, but that doesn't mean you weren't on your guard.

And around the corner you finally found a machine, you walked over and started looking through the contents. A couple of packages of "Eat Me" cookies, jelly grubs, shell-shaped macaroons, carpet-shaped chocolates, apple candies, pomegranate lollipops, licorice thorns and other sweets.

You chose a coffee bar and used the money you had left over from lunch that Crowley so “mercifully” gave you.
“Oh, Miss Y/n.” - speaking of the devil...
"Why aren't you keeping an eye on Grim and Trappola? Weren't my instructions clear?" - Crowley asked, looking at you menacingly.
“I do! They tried to escape but I caught them, now they are washing windows under supervision.” - you explained to crow, taking out your bar.

"And who is watching them?" - and before you could answer, a loud crash came from the dining room.
'Shit...' - you both rushed towards the noise and stared at the scene in shock.
A broken chandelier lay in the middle of the dining room, raising a cloud of dust, there were fragments and broken parts everywhere, and in the middle of all this chaos stood 3 idiots.

"We got Grim, but we broke the chandelier! If the headmage or Y/n finds out about this-"
"If I find out about...what, dear Ace?" - Crowley's quiet voice was heard. They turned around to see Crowley and you with your arms crossed.

"Ah! Headmage Crowley...!" Ace muttered quietly.
"YOU. TWO. AGAIN. What have you done this time?!"
"Myaaah... Everything's spinning..." - Grim was lying face down on the floor and looked like he was about to throw up.
"Two minutes. I left you for two damn minutes! HOW COULD YOU EVEN DROP THIS?!!" - you yelled at them as if they had broken your chandelier.

"Enough. All of you are expelled." - Crowley.
"Whaaaaaaaaat?!" - Ace and Deuce shouted together, and you still looked at them angrily. Well, you didn’t study here anyway, and it’s unlikely that Crowley will just throw you out onto the street, but he can reduce your salary.
"Headmage, please! Give me a second chance! I can't get expelled from this school! I need to be here!" - Deuce.
"Then blame yourself for your own foolish behavior." - Crowley.
"I'll pay for the damages! However much it costs!" - Deuce begged and looked like he was about to cry.

"That chandelier is no mere light fixture. It is a magical chandelier. Its candles are powered by a magical energy source, enchanted so that they will burn for eternity. It was created for us by a legendary artificer. Possibly their finest creation. It has been here since the school was established, and I imagined it would be here forevermore. Considering its historical value, I would estimate its worth to be no less than a billion thaumarks. And you intend to repay that sum?" - Crowley looked questioningly at the blue-haired man.
'Damn it, why keep such an expensive thing in a school for problem children?!'

"A... A billion marks?!" - Deuce's eyes widened.
"B-but I'm sure with your magical talent, sir, you could snap your fingers and fix it right up!" - Ace.
"Even magic has its limits. Furthermore, its magestone-the figurative heart of any magical artifact-is cracked. A magestone cannot easily be replaced. I fear the candles of this majestic chandelier will never burn again." - Crowley put his fingers to his chin and seemed lost in thought.

"This is bad..." - Ace
"What am I going to do?! How am I going to tell my mother...?" - Deuce. They internally panicked while you stood next to the knocked Grim.
"Ah...! But there may be one way. One tiny sliver of a chance to repair this chandelier." - Crowley.
"There is?!" - they shouted in unison.