🌹Chapter 9🌹

A/n: Hi, sorry, but the book may be updated less often due to school, plus I'm working on other stories. I'll try to write more in my free time and update at least once a week.
Enjoy.

NRC: main street

"This guy's outta his mind!"
"Bwah! L-let's get outta here!" - the two losers ran away in fear from the blue-haired freshman.

"Next time you eat an egg, you better apologize a hundred times, you buncha chumps!" - Deuce shouted after them.

Taking a breath, he turned to you while you and Grim stood in a stupor.
“Whoooooa...” - the cat looked at Deuce with round eyes.

"*Pant* *Pant*...Urk!" - Deuce.
"What's wrong?" - Grim.
"I did it again, didn't I...? ARGH! I was dead-set on becoming an honor student this time, too!" - Deuce slapped himself in the face and sighed in disappointment.

"Huh?" - Grim looked questioningly.
"When I was in middle school, I was pretty wild. I cut school all the time and got in fights. I called my teachers names, hung out with bullies, bleached my hair...I tore around tight curves on my blastcycle. ..I'd show off my magic to kids who couldn't use it yet... I was a total punk." - Deuce explained.

You frowned a little.
"So you were only a little more annoying than you are now?" - Grim.
'Hard to believe.'

"But one night, I saw my mom talking on the phone to my grandma. She was trying to hide from me, but I saw her, and I could tell she was in tears." - He lowered his head.

"She was saying how she must have been a horrible mom, and that maybe she never should have tried to raise me by herself. That had nothin' to do with it! She hadn't done anything wrong. It was all me." - Deuce.

"When the carriage came to take me to Night Raven College, she was so happy for me. I decided then and there that this time, I wouldn't do anything to make her cry." - Deuce.

"This time, I'd become an honor student- someone she could be proud of. And I already messed it all up!" - Deuce frowned in disappointment and clenched his fists.

You didn’t answer, just looked at him.
"I mean, did ya, though? Is putting up with jerks what honor students do?" - Grim caught his attention.
"Huh...?" - Deuce.

"Even I, Grim the Magnanimous, was ready to pound those losers into tuna paste! You just got to 'em first." - Grim.
"You didn't do anything wrong."

"Hm?" - Now they both looked at you.
"Just because you want to be a 'good boy' doesn't mean you can't fight back. These assholes started a fight and you gotta kick their ass. You didn't let anyone down."

“You guys...” - Deuce held his breath and looked at you in shock.
"Besides, I really enjoyed this fight." - you grinned sadistically.
“Hic! There’s that terrible grimace again...” Grim shuddered.

"Heh heh... I guess you're right! I just hope those chicks can rest in peace." - Deuce smiled slightly and looked sadly at the broken eggs in the bag.

"...these eggs wouldn't hatch into chickens. They're not fertilized, you idiot."
"Wha- WHAAAAAT?! Are you kidding me?!" - Deuce's scream echoed throughout the college.

Timeskip

NRC: kitchen

"Ah, you're finally back! Took ya long enough." - Ace sat on a chair and ate some cookies.
"Let's get this tart-y started!" - Trey stood next to him and, having prepared more cream, they added it to the tart while you watched them from the other end of the kitchen.