🌹Chapter 7🌹

NRC: laboratory

Period 1: Potionology

You were able to arrive on time and you even had a couple more minutes to prepare for the lesson. While Ace, Deuce and Grim were trying to catch their breath, a man with black and white hair and a fur coat approached you.

"Ah. You must be my new homeroom students." - He said.
"And, I believe, a student from an abandoned dorm." - the man looked you up and down before Grim caught his attention.

"Hm, that's quite the unusual coat of fur. Do make sure that you arrive properly groomed." - He pointed at Grim with a strange pointer with a red collar attached to it by chains.

"My name is Divus Crewel. You may call me Master Crewel. Now, take your seats. Class is about to begin." - Crewel.

The black, white and red colors reminded you of that package for uniform.
'So he's a popular designer and teacher?'
"We're going to start with the basics. And by that, I mean beating the names and distinguishing characteristics of one hundred herbs and poisons into your tiny brains." - his tone became harsher and he sharply hit the table with his pointer, forcing everyone into silence.

"The mycelia are another matter. But eventually, I'm hopeful you'll be able to take a walk without putting anything poisonous into your gaping maws. For now, I realize you have all the self-control of voracious hounds. But I will not abide a single student failing this class. Expect to be drilled accordingly." - Crewel.

'Did he just call me a dog?!' - you exploded inside, but sat quietly and glared at the teacher, to which he responded with the same menacing look.

"Huh. So...does anyone know what a mycelia is?" - Deuce awkwardly asked looking into the textbook.
"I've never been one for like, memorizing what things are, ya know?" - Ace replied lazily putting his hands behind his head.
"All I care about is how to tell the yummy plants from the yucky ones." - Grim muttered sitting on the edge of one of the cauldrons.

Timeskip

NRC: classroom

Period 2: History of Magic

At the teacher's desk sat an elderly man with gray hair in a burgundy robe, and in his arms sat a black and white cat with yellow eyes.

"I am your History of Magic teacher, Mozus Trein. And this is my familiar, Lucius." - He stroked the cat in his hands.
"You are here to learn the rich history of magic, and how it has sculpted the world which you now so easily take for granted." - Trein.
"Mrrrrrooowww..." - Lucius.

"I grade based on classroom behavior as well as the quality of work. Don't let me catch you sleeping. Now, let us open our books to page fifteen..." - he explained the topic boringly and the cat lazily meowed from time to time .

The atmosphere was terribly boring. Some took small notes with sleepy eyes, while others tried to fall asleep unnoticed.
But you listened carefully, if you stay here for a while then you should know at least the basics of the new world.

To your left, Ace yawned loudly and propped his head up with his hand.
“*Maaan... When do we get to the classes where we blow stuff up with magic?*” - Grim lay on your table and met Lucius’s gaze.

"*Fascinating... "Dwarfs' Mine".. Mhm, mhm... "magical energy"...*" - Deuce muttered while writing everything down in a notebook like one nerd. A mark of irritation appeared on your head.
“*Can’t you shut up?!*” you shouted at Deuce in a whisper.
"*Oh?!...Am I bothering you? Sorry, I just got a little carried away...*" - he shuddered and bowed his head.