👑Chapter 13👑

Ramshackle dorm: your room

Three weeks have passed since the overblot incident, and it seems your life here is starting to get better.

With the help of Crowley's credit card, you were able to renovate the hostel and now you can actually live here. You were finally able to shower and sleep without neck pain.

Studying here was quite easy and you quickly became one of the best. Perhaps this is because of your interest in new things that are commonplace for other students. Or are you simply better than others?

Ace and Deuce are a little less annoying, but still cause trouble. Cater took you to a restaurant and treated you to very spicy noodles. Trey often gives you baked goods as a sign of gratitude for helping Riddle.

And Riddle himself began to respect you more. He doesn't scream around you and is quite friendly, so you were a little reluctant to give him a chance.

"Myaaah! *flop* *flail* Meeeooow! Myah myaaah..." - Grim began to mutter something in his sleep.
"*snore* Myaaah...Thass whatchu get...fer crossin' Grim da Miiightyyy...*snore*" - he twitched his paws and released a little fire.

'Freak' - you thought.
There was still almost an hour left before school, but you still got up early to wash, cook breakfast and change clothes, but Grim was still sleeping.

"That's right! Cower before me, teapot tyrant! BWUH-MYAH?!...Huh? Where am I? Aw, man! I was dreaming that I was trouncing Riddle with my magic. You shoulda seen his face..." - He muttered sleepily and rubbed his eyes.

“Yea yea, you’ll tell me this nonsense later, but now go eat before it gets cold.” - you said boringly. As soon as Grim heard about the food, he immediately woke up.

"All right, lemme just fix my bedhead. Then let's have breakfast and it's off to class! I've got magic to master!" - he carelessly folded the blanket and ran downstairs.
You sighed tiredly and followed him.

Timeskip

NRC: cafeteria

"Ugh. Professor Trein must have cast a sleepin' spell on me. I fought to stay awake, but he was sooo boring!" - Grim complained as he walked alongside you, Ace, and Deuce.

"Yeah, 'fought,' sure. I heard you snoring five minutes in." - Deuce looked askance at the cat.
"ChaGrub time! What's it gonna be today? Huh, wait? What's going on? Why's it so crowded in here?" - Ace pointed to the large crowd ahead.

One of the ghosts working in the cafeteria flew towards you.
"That famous bakery from out of town is serving up their goods. It only happens once a month! Their stock sells out fast, so you'd better hurry!" - he told you.

"Gimme three of those chocolate croissants!" - some student shouted and hit the freshman next to him on the head, starting a fight.
"Woo-hoo, I actually snagged an egg sandwich this month! These things are AMAZING!" - Another guy came out of the crowd and sat down at the table contentedly.

"Egg sandwiches are now sold out! Only one deluxe ham and cheese left!" - shouted another ghost.

"Oh, man, everything looks amazing. I'm gonna see if I can grab somethin'." - Ace grinned and walked into the crowd.
"Wow, they really do seem popular! Y/n, Grim, what do you- Huh?" - Deuce began to look around.

“Are you fucking kidding me?!” - you stared at the gray spot that was jumping on the students’ heads.

"Hey! Outta my way, losers! That grilled cheese is mine!" - he shouted and waved away the hands trying to catch him.
"Hey, no cutting!"
"A freshman, cutting in front of an upperclassman?! Time to learn you some manners." - the students began to be indignant and pulled out their pens.