👑Chapter 17👑

!Please let me know if you see any errors in the text!

NRC: cafeteria

Riddle and Cater looked around for another victim while you kept a close eye on Grim to make sure he didn't run off towards the food.

"Jamil has long, black hair. Let's see...Ah, there he is!" - Cater exclaimed pointing to a table at which two people were sitting. One with white hair was actively discussing something with a dark-haired guy.

"You're the guy who got banged up in the kitchen yesterday, right? Mind if we chat?" - Grim jumped onto their table, attracting attention.

"What is this? An inquisition?" - the dark-haired guy raised an eyebrow questioningly and tensed a little.
"Oh, hey! That's the weasel who set my rear on fire at orientation!" - the guy with red eyes stood up from his seat in surprise.

"Grim. You need to work on your tone. Tact is important for these sorts of things. Forgive us for interrupting your breakfast." - Riddle intervened in the conversation.
"Wow, the Heartslabyul housewarden and the fire-spitting weasel. Ahaha, what a fun combo!" - the guy laughed and sat down while the dark-haired one looked at him with slight irritation.

"I ain't a weasel! The name's Grim. Better remember it for the rest of your life." - Grim.
"Huh! Well, I'm Kalim, Scarabia's housewarden. And that's the vice housewarden, Jamil." - Kalim introduced himself and finally noticed you.

"Hey! You're the girl who saved me from the fire." - he smiled broadly at you, to which you just rolled your eyes.
"Whatever, we're not here to make friends."

"So, why are you asking about my accident?" - Jamil asked.
"We're here at the headmage's behest." - Grim answered him, sitting comfortably on the table.

"The headmage? Huh...Well, okay. Last night, I was in the kitchen frying up some lamb rolls at Kalim's request." - he started.
"Oh man, you guys have NO idea how amazing Jamil's lamb rolls are. You've gotta try 'em one day." - Kalim stood up from his seat and leaned on the table.

"Can we stay focused here, Kalim?" - Jamil frowned irritably.
"Ah, right. Sorry!" - Kalim.

"When I was chopping the ingredients, it was like my knife hand went wild and cut my other hand all on its own." - Jamil looked at his hand wrapped in bandages.
"It makes no sense! Even the dorm's head chef can attest to Jamil's legendary knife skills." - Scarabia housewarden intervened again.

"Were you tired from Spelldrive practice, maybe?" - Riddle asked the brunette.
"No. Not so tired I couldn't control my hands. But at one point while I was cooking, I did feel kind of light-headed." - Jamil stopped and looked firmly at your group.

"I think I was feeling the effects of someone's signature spell." - this took the others by surprise until a thoughtful look appeared on your face and you lowered your gaze. It seemed more and more familiar.

"Oh, right! Because your signature spell is—MMMPH!" - Before Kalim could finish his sentence, Jamil covered his mouth. Making sure that he would not continue, the brunette let go.
"Pffft! Why'd you put your hand over my mouth?!" - the white-haired exclaimed.

"Because we're not talking about me here. Anyway, my theory is that someone was controlling my movements with magic." - Jamil finally finished.

"Interesting...That WOULD be a way to hurt people and have it appear like it was nothing more than the victim's own carelessness." - Cater put his hand to his chin.

"And if it only lasted an instant, even the victim might perceive it as his own mistake. When I nearly fell down the stairs, I never felt as though I was being controlled against my will." - Riddle.