🌹Chapter 6🌹

Ramshackle dorm: your room

*Knock* *Knock*

"...?" - you woke up from a strange noise on the first floor.
"Myaaah... Hey, Y/n... I know it's the middle of the night, but I think we've got a visitor." - Grim also woke up and rubbed his eyes with his paws.
"No shit, Sherlock"

*Knock* *Knock*

"Maybe it's those sandy ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit." - Grim.
"If that's the case, then I'll bring it back from where they came from." - you got out of bed and went to the first floor and Grim trailed behind you.

Ramshackle dorm: entry hall

You suddenly opened the door.
"What's the fuck?!" - a stunned Ace stood right behind her in a protective pose.
"Whoa!? Take it easy! Is this how you greet all your guests?" - Ace.
"The hell are you want?!" - you were irritated from waking up.

"Ace? It's the middle of the night!" - Grim jumped out behind you.
"B-bwah! That collar!" - The cat raised its paws in shock.
He was wearing the same collar that the red-haired boy had put on Grim during the ceremony.

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul House. I'm joining your dorm. For good." - Ace stated.
"Myah?! Come again?!" - Grim.
"Fuck you." - you closed the door right in front of his nose.

"Hey! At least listen to me! I have nowhere else to go!" - he shouted outside the door, you snorted irritably.
“It looks like he’s not going anywhere...maybe we should still let him in?” - Grim suggested.
"Listen to the cat! I won't be silent until the morning!" - Ace.
"I'm not a cat!!" - Grim.
"Alright! Fine!" - you opened the door again and let him in, watching him leave with an angry look.

Ramshackle dorm: lounge

"I'd recognize that collar everywhere. It's the same one that psycho stuck on me at the orientation! What'd do you do to get shackled with that?" - Grim asked sitting next to you on the couch.

"I ate a tart." - Ace replied with a pouty face.
"...Are you serious?"
"Yeah, that's it! That's all I did! I was a little hungry so I went down to the dorm kitchen and found some tarts in the refrigerator. Three whole tarts! Big ones, too!" - he talked about how delicious the tarts were and how he was caught by the dorm leader and “Off with his head.”

"...And here I am." - Ace done his story.
"....." - Grim.
"....." - you sighed heavily and rubbed the bridge of your nose with your fingers.
"So...the point is you're both terrible?" - Grim ask with crossed paws.

"You don't think that it's insane for my magic to get sealed away for eating ONE slice of tart?! For a mage, that's like having your arms and legs bound and shackled! And there were three whole tarts! THREE! It's not like he could eat 'em all himself! C'mon, Y/n, you KNOW this is messed up!" - Ace.
"I know you're so stupid."
"Rii?!-wait what?!" - Ace.

"Yea, but...I mean, if there were three of 'em, they were probably for a party. Maybe it was someone's birthday or somethin'? Lookit that! I'm, like, a master detective too!" - Grim raised his head proudly.
"That's the smartest thing you've said so far."
"Hey! The Great Grim is much smarter than you think!" - He pointed his paw at you offendedly, which you simply ignored.

"A birthday party, huh...?" - Ace thought about it a little now.
“Why didn’t you think of this before?!” - you screamed at him.
"Man...I expected you to be so ruthless!" - he shuddered from the memory of how you smashed the head of the monster from the mine.

"I'll let you stay here for just one night." - you announced in a serious tone.
“But what should I do then?! Apologize?!” - Ace screamed.
"I don't care!"