14. Touchdown Motherland

Walking out of the private plane, strong heat instantly envelopes us. Zion immediately removed his jacket and tugged mine off.

We wore mask to avoid stares from the crowd, then low-key rode a taxi to the five star hotel,  within the vicinity of Mt. Fu.

"Welcome! Here's the list of the rooms available. Please." A beautiful and professional front desk agent smiled politely.

Seeing the sister and brother wearing expensive clothes and with undeniably beautiful features, the front desk agent serves enthusiastically.

"The presidential suit" she said after glancing briefly at the list

"Our presidential suit available is a two bedroom, one living living room with terrace over-viewing Mt. Fu. That would be ××××× per night"

"One week" she said. Handling her a card.

This card is the one she transferred her more than 7 million before going to the foreign country. It'll be her one and only bank card from now on.

When she was out of the country, she transferred another 10 million on this account, so the family still has more than 17 million dollars, to use before the Apocalypse.

"May I please ask for an ID?" The front desk went to the check in procedure. She gave her new ID, waiting for the room key.

"Here's the key card to your room, it's on the 18th floor, Room 1801. Enjoy your stay Ms. Artemis Black!" the agent returned the ID and Card, together with the Key card of the the room. Offering a sincere smile.

(Note: She will be called Artemis Black from now on. It's her new identity, to avoid being targeted & avoid drama from relatives and underworld)

People who could afford the presidential suit without blinking are big figures in the City. It's better to give good impression to get big tip.

After entering the room, both she and Zion sat on the sofa, paralyzed.

The nonstop travel and heat of the country drained their energy. Zion took out his monitoring detector to check if there's any hidden cameras or monitoring in the whole suit.

Once confirmed safe, she took out two glasses of well water, offer one to Zion, and brought out the "space menu list" tablet.

While browsing, she drank the glass of water and sighed in an instant relief. The same thing happened to Zion beside her.

"What do you want to eat?" She asked.

The best thing about hoarding cooked food is having a hassle-free life. She's not good at cooking, no time for cooking, and no talent for cooking. Not to mention the smell of food would attract hungry people during Apocalypse.

So yes! She hoarded cooked food that the whole family couldn't finish eating for several hundred lifetimes.

"Vegetable Salad & Chicken Nuggets" the child Zion said.

"Okay. I'll have Cold Noodles and Fruit Salad Chicken today" after saying that, the food appeared infront of the two. Mother and son ate quietly after.

She added another serving of egg and shrimp fried rice for Zion, and a steamed duck leg to her plate. Bringing out two pineapple juice shake, they both sighed in satisfaction.

After cleaning the table, Artemis opened the master bedroom and with the wave of her hand, two tender chubby babies appeared.

Hearing the giggling girls, Zion immediately ran in the room. The always poker face showed a warm smile towards the girls.